Pull a Part?

pwrliftin

Another thought... is nut breakers... small, very portable... slip it over the nut crank it down.. it splits the nut.

Or... breaker bar, find a cheater handle in the yard somewhere and leverage...

I upgraded to a 3/4" drive breaker bar as I kept breaking my 1/2" drive trying to get hub nuts off. I have a 6' cheater pipe I take with me (it's bent) and a 36" crow bar to stick in the wheel studs (also bent) to keep it from turning. Hub nuts are still 50/50. Impact works miracles on those, but I can't afford a battery powered one. Last two hubs I got I ended up getting the axle shafts as well because of it.

My dad has all sorts of cordless tools, he uses them for work. I used the 18v sawzall to get my bumper, I had to cut through two 3/8" by like 4-1/5" steel plates. I only used one blade and one or two batteries. Cutting oil goes a long ways. If you go slower the battery and blades will last a lot longer. My dad's buddy has a cordless grinder and he says it kills batteries really quick and isn't all that great.

It you want the axle bad enough, just take a hack saw. You just need to cut through the tops of the U-bolts then spin them out of the way (with a hammer) so the axle can drop down. USE CUTTING OIL! it helps A LOT.

:wrench:

Or you could just try unbolting it....

as for jacks i wouldnt think you would need one. Down here all the cars have the wheels off and are up on "jack stands" with an Mj being spring under, the axle will not fall when taken loose. when I got my 8.8 we unbolted the leaf springs and all, sat the axle up against the exloder and off came the springs and off we went... I will say we had a camp generator and a corded impact.

When it comes to junk yarding Ive found that your best bet is spare hands and using everything you have available to you