Will this 2.5 replace mine?

The block is the same but the head has (I think) different shaped ports. If the 2000 engine includes the exhaust manifold you should be okay. Keep in mind, though, the 2000 will be set up for multi-port injection and you have throttle body, so unless you plan to rewire the vehicle you'll need to swap in your old intake.

And the flywheel (or flex plate) won't work with the Renix CPS.

The motor mounts are the same, but you also have an intake issue. Your vehicle has a throttle body injection. The 2000 uses multi-port injection, so the intake manifold is completely different. I know on the 6-cylinder engines even the shape of the ports changed from Renix to Chrysler -- I don't know if that's the case for the 4-banger, but I would expect so.

Is your head usable? The easiest route would be to blot your old head on the new block.

I don't know that ive ever seen it confirmed that port sizes changed on the change to port injection. Get the new motor, pull your intake off and compare the two. If they are the same, you can just swap your intake and exhaust and motor mounts over to the new block, and hope all the accessories bolt up like original. Let us know what you figure out. I'm curious to know as well if they are the same or not.

Yes my head is OK. The lifters are tapping. So if I have to use this head I will have new parts put in it. I am hopeing the new head will work. It sounds like it I will be getting the 2000 motor and using it. ( a lot less miles on it) It is CHEAP. I will let you all know how it went getting it in and running.

i don't know for sure if its the same thing but i use a 95 engine from a YJ to replace my 89 oily engine, i use the intake, exhaust, distribuitor, alternator, a/c compresor from the 89 and water pump, steering pump from the 95, made some brakets for the pwr steering pump cause the 95 mount to the intake, didnt change the flywheel, maybe thats why my truck doesnt start :???: , but i can say "my engine is mexican custom" :D , hope this help

didn't change the flywheel, maybe that's why my truck doesn't start :???: , but i can say "my engine is mexican custom" :D , hope this help

your flywheel must be from the year era (86-90) of your truck's electronics. :thumbsup: