1950 Willys Pickup

Rymanrph

A local about 10 miles from my house just put up his 1950 Willys Pickup for sale. I have no money right now because of my job situation, but if that were to change, I'd love to work on this truck. Its a 6 cyl (was a 6cyl offered in 1950?) 3 speed with 4 wheel drive. The sign in the window says "runs good." I know these trucks can be worth a decent amount in good shape, but I have no idea what this one is worth. Best I can tell it needs a lot of work including 3 fenders, most glass pieces, some rust repair here and there, obviously a paint job and who knows what mechanically.

I'll post some pictures up when I get home (don't have my camera at work). He's asking $2500 obo; is that a fair price?

1954 was the first year Willys came out with a 6 cylinder engine so that one is a swap. In my opinion $2500 is a bit much for it from the description you gave. There is a fully restored 1952 Willys P/U for sale 20 miles from here. Fellas asking $2500 for it. There is 3 unrestored P/U within 20 miles of me all going for $500, or less. Check the Pueblo and Colorado Springs Craigs List.

I owned a 54 for about a year. It had been "converted" to run a 6cyl studebaker engine, and never really ran right. It was a BLAST to drive. (like a friggen tank) I miss it. I always thought it would be cool to put the body on an XJ frame/engine....

-Erin

p.s.- There are lots of good parts houses in the midwest that do parts for them.