86 comanche axle info needed

hello all iam a newbe to comancheclub.com

and to jeep 4x4s so iam wanting to know i have a 1986 comanche v6 GM2.8 liter motor that needs a front axle swap. but the new axles are 3.55 and my 86 comanche's are 3.54 in the rear and the front are 4.10. I found a matching set of axles with 3.55 out of a 1997 grand cherokee and i was wanting to know will the 97 grand cherokee front & rear axles bolt up to my 86 comanche, and if so what other changes would i have to do? now you have to tell me in laymans terms, as i ant no mechanic. if you want to call and tell me which mite be easier for me my number is 573-598-3002 between 3pm and 12 midnight if no answer leave a message or send me your number and ill call you

thanks all

as far as whats wrong with the axle is the rear has 3.54 ratio and the front has 4.10 ratio if i go 4.11 in the rear wouldin that make a big difference in the gas milage as i was told it would i want to keep the best gas milage on it as posable cuz the wife drive it about 100 miles aday for work and i ambuyin a second 86 comanche thats the same as the one i have ans i was goin to use them on the second truck and its goin to be use as a yard truck for hualing firewood and hunting on my property if i go with the 4.11 in the rear what do i type in the search box to find what i would need iam goin to look in ebay as i can't aford the new cost of them as i been lookin for the 3.54s

but the rear axles has 3.54s in it would 3.55s work with 3.54s iam only planing on useing it as a yard truck anyway it would never be used on the road at high speeeds

You just made my point for wanting to keep the 4.10.........YOU WANT THE 4.10 and not the 3.55 for what you are wanting to use it for.

Check the junk yards and craigslist for a 4.11 rear.

There is one here under a Comanche in the JY.............come and get it.

lsmurphy are you sayin you have 4.11s your wanting to part with if so how much and what the shipping would be to annapolis mo. 63620

No. I was hinting to you to get to know your junk yards and find out what's in them. You'll find the 4.11 in XJs and Comanches with 2.5 engines.

And I have driven around the Cape Girardeau area.........there is at least 6 cars on blocks per front yard :) should be something in your area.

Goat Rope: When good intentions go bad, messily.

History: From LCDR Charles Breen, USN, who tried to untangle a goat's rope, only to be bitten by said goat, then to deck same goat, Mongo style, right as busload of tourists rounded the bend in time to think he was beating the crap out of a goat for no reason.

Figured since your forum name is goatroper57, you might know that. :yes:

car-part.com can help you find axles in junkyards. search for various years (cause they all are pretty much the same, but sometimes the part number changes for no reason) of cherokees and comanches with the 2.5L and 5spd trans for 4.10 axles. search for XJs with the 4.0 and auto for 3.55 axles. XJ rear axles will need the perches moved, but that's real easy to get done.

ok i can't seem to find the rear axle 4.11s for a price i can afford right now so i found a guy thats got a set of axles out of a 96-98 4 wheel drive jeep cheroke with 3.55 ratio in the rear he dosent know whats in the front but thay came out of the same truck so i would thing thay are the same but i was wanting to know will them axles bolt up to my 86 comanche with out having to change anything can any one tell me if thay work i just mite sell the 4.10s i have in ther now

thanks all