rock rails

cody4359

i see what your saying. the thread i found them on the guy put silicone around the bolt holes to keep the water out, and i assume you could put one sided adhesive tape onto the rockers so it wouldnt be metal to metal. i asked for a pic in use, but just like how clean they look

what keeps the one on the bed from just folding in? it's not like there's any support for the sheetmetal there. :hmm: and if I had solid rockers, you couldn't pay me to punch holes in them.

no thanks. I prefer mine. :D

It looks like the back one is already bent to me... I'm pretty sure the bottom of the bed is parallel with the bottom of the cab. I could be wrong though. I prefer the ones like Pete has. But it's your truck so do what you like.

comanche.gif

p.s. why doesn't the Comanche Club truck logo thing have rock rails?

Also Silicone attracts moisture :doh:

Brandon

i don't think silicone will make it rain. water is wet can't get past it. when you add a sunvisor/moonvisor you put silicone on the self tapping screws, no different. paint can handle water and the silicone will keep it from getting to bare metal :D

not saying its the best design, and a one piece setup would be stronger. there are 1x1 legs that attach to the unibody. with mine, i have 2 1x3 legs going from the slider to the unibody, I'm going to add a 3rd in the center, but was also thinking of adding a brace from the bed mount down the the end of the slider, these could probly use a brace like that. for my application where only the occasional tree or rock will be against it these would be fine. nobodys making you buy these, just saying they look cleaner than the ones ive built or any others that ive seen