Well, that was fun (not)

Eagle

Our phone and electric lines came down in that freak early-winter storm that hit Connecticut a week and a half ago. Everything went dead Saturday evening. The power company did very well, and had us back in service late Wednesday night (and we were among the last, since the problem was the wires from the street to the house.

AT&T, however, was not nearly as helpful. I reported the outage the day after the storm, which was a Sunday. They promised we'd be repaired by Friday, November 4th, by 8:00 p.m. Later in the week I called again to see if there might be an updated prediction. Not only was there no update -- there was also no repair request on record. So I entered a new trouble report (two, actually, one for each land line). The new repair promise was now Monday, November 7th.

Monday came and went, but no AT&T. So on Tuesday I called again, from work. And, once again, there was NO trouble report on file. I hung up on the automated repair system, called back, and waited without touching any buttons until the system defaulted to letting me speak with a live person. She told me the previous trouble report had been cleared because a technician had checked the line and it was in service. I not-too-politely told her that was impossible, because the wires had been ripped off the side of the house and were lying on the ground. I told her I didn't appreciate being lied to, and I requested that she enter a new report and specify that the wires were down.

And then I called the state agency that regulates public utility companies and I filed a complaint with them.

Dang, I hate AT&T.

Seems like more and more, large companies or agencies do not put much effort into customer service. Good customer service costs money. For many service type businesses, the customer has only one choice (no choice) based on their geographic boundaries.

"Thank you for contacting our Customer Service Department. The representative for complaints is Ms. Helen Waite. If you have a complaint regarding our services, please call Helen Waite".

we have the same problem with Comcast here at work. we hate them... there was an appointment for them to come out to fix something on a sunday and they never showed, i called them and the report said that he did show and that i was not here.. my security footage of the parking lot says otherwise and i let them know. according to some the south east region (Alabama) has the worst comcast customer service in the country.

if we had another option for our business we would swap to anything other than comcast

sorry to say this it is about your status if your part of the working class you may be scheduled in :fs1: now :hmm: if your where in the class of these high price ceo's, :rant: etc you would bet your bottom dollar that they would be there in a skippy.