What Model MJ Do I Have?

Hey guys, while tinkering around with the MJ this weekend I found something interesting. The Jeep was repainted at some point so little is known of its original state of being, up until now! I found out that the Jeep was originally a dark gray/gunmetal color from the factory and that the doors and bed had orange/red stripes going down the side. Any idea what model that would make the Jeep? Its a long box if that helps, but I am curious to see pictures of what it looked like "back in the day". Thanks guys!

RockMJ

I will take some this weekend when its a bit more light out. There isnt much of the striping left but enough that I noticed it. I did some searching and it seems like it was a Pioneer based on pictures of other Jeep's from the year. It makes me happy if it is so I have another direction I can go for the restoration

RockMJ

Its funny you post that because I was on your site the other night not knowing it was yours lol. Well if you ever want help updating it I do web design as a side hobby as well as graphic design. I'm always looking to help out the community any way I can. Thanks again and ill get those pics up this weekend!

RockMJ

mines an '88 and its a gun metal gray with a maroon stripe and a redish orange stripe going down the side. sounds like its the same as what youre describing...mines a pioneer.

here's how mine looks right now (aside from being jacked up and the front end apart because I'm in the middle of a 3" lift)

you can check my build thread for more pics to compare to but i would say you have a pioneer

Nope, the title doesnt even say Comanche on it. But going off of the color and remaining stripe color/scheme its a safe bet to say its a Pioneer. Plus the base models didnt have the Comanche badging on the fenders from what ive read

RockMJ

Nope, the title doesnt even say Comanche on it. But going off of the color and remaining stripe color/scheme its a safe bet to say its a Pioneer. Plus the base models didnt have the Comanche badging on the fenders from what ive read

RockMJ

All Comanche's have Comanche badges.

Rob

Just quoting your site my man "The base models are easy to spot, with the bare outside, having no decals, or badges to say it is anything else". Assuming this is talking about general badging but thats how I read it. I'm probably wrong though :D

RockMJ

• 2 weeks later...