The rain finally came.

Comanche County

After little to no rain all year and the hottest summer on record, the rain finally came down last night. I've got a dismantled CJ3A with parts washed downstream, a set of 33" super swampers and a set of 35" Creepy Crawlies are somewhere down river also, a couple of them didn't go far fortunately. This has only happened twice in the last 10 years that I can remember. The water has receded about a 18" already, should be gone in a day or two. I've been tearing it up lately but this is a disheartening setback. Only good to come out of this is the farmers finally got the rain, but its probably too much, oh and the Rangers won last night!

6227494966_0708139292_z.jpg

6227500896_5020147c3c_z.jpg

If I can find all my tires, then I estimate this will cost a little under a grand. More maybe. Not sure if it's worth it though just to fix spare parts. I've got about eight different axles, a couple of transmissions and transfer cases that were under water, they might get scrapped, the rest of the CJ3A parts aside from the frame and tub might get scrapped too...I'll have to wait till it dries out and I see what's salvageable/cleanable, then I'll decide.. Not a massive disaster here locally, just had all my stuff in a fairly low area, I knew it would rain but I didn't expect a near biblical event.