comanche axles for a 8.5inch lifted with 36's

now I'm completely new to axles and i know the basic and stuff but i need some new ones for my rig. Got dana 35's and been looking at some 44/9 or 44/60's off a truck. Some pictures would be nice of different axles. I don't want to spend a whole lot of money and would like to scrap the older ones. just need some help chosening the right one. More of daily driver first but soon will be a mudder later on in my life ha. I plan on keeping it till i die.

your front axle is a Dana 30. :thumbsup:

late 70s ford 250/350s had some good axles. also the early 2000s ford superdutys. in fact, almost any ford truck with a leaf sprung front can work. they have a drivers side diff and are high pinion.

Axles can get expensive quick.unless you want full width you will need them narrowed,the front will need converted to coil, you will most likely need to regear,and you will have to buy new rims.

That's without lockers or any other up grades you might want.

Your gonna have a tough time on that budget unless you find a good deal on some matching ratio axles and leave them full width and live with whatever ratio they have.

If i were you, I would drop the truck down to 5 or 6 inches of lift and run 33s or 35s. It will be alot better on the road and trail. allso with 33s and maybe 35s you could keep your front dana 30 and swap in an 8.8 from an explorer or an 8.25 from a cherokee and be good to go. just another option for you to think about

I was looking at d40/d60 combo and locking them for starters...an gear them real low or high? what ever one it is... I'm planing on getting this running before winter as DD and start getting ready for trails next summer when i got better cash flow incoming. I'm A senior in highschool and just need a car. I'm selling my cherokee to get this baby running and I'm looking at 3 grand towards the comachee to spend. I'm keep the 4 banger in it for a while till summer. I'm see what i can do for axles and see if they work with 36's which they should if i keep it a DD. New rims are fine i get good deals on those. And i get a set of 31's and i can put on too.