D44 Cover

My D44 got smashed on a rock and I'm having trouble getting the cover to seal properly, despite good cleaning, flattening, and filing down of high spots. New gasket, new sealer this weekend, and it's dripping again. Any recommendations for a replacement cover? I could get a regular stock cover for not too much but maybe I should get something tougher while I waste another two quarts of gear oil.

How about something like this? Price seems pretty good at $65. Can't really say I want to pay for a high price item.

Diff-dana_44_medium.jpg

Or, anyone got something for sale?

65 bucks doesn't seem that bad considering the costs involved if you wang the cover again drain your axle of oil while out in the boonies. :dunno:

Right, my bad, I meant I was seeing some for $200+ and don't want to pay that high a price. I don't really do much offroading either so for me it's essentially a maintenance/cosmetic piece/piece of mind for when I do go offroad. The cover had a nice dent already when I got it (thanks Twisty!) and had been holding oil OK before, but have had problems the past few times I've needed to remove it. I'm not too worried about failure out on the trail but am sure sick of the leak. $65 seems pretty good, just looking for some feedback and trying to convince myself I need to spend $130 for the beefy RSS cover :brows: I think I'd be able to put a CC logo on that nice flat space somewhere so perhaps that's a good reason.

How about something like this? Price seems pretty good at $65. Can't really say I want to pay for a high price item.

Diff-dana_44_medium.jpg

Or, anyone got something for sale?

The only thing not to like about this cover is the fill hole is way too high.

I have a rear cover like this, and a Rough Stuff ft cover,

I don't think I'll ever break either,

but the high fill hole on a low pinion axle means figuring out where the level actually should be.

(use your finger as a dipstick)