Really? Does this seem right?

acfortier

http://nh.craigslist.org/cto/2614053498.html

88 Jeep Comanche Eliminator Pick-Up - $4995 (Derry/Nashua)

Date: 2011-09-23, 6:01PM EDT

Reply to: sale-hhhxn-2614053498@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

1988 Jeep Comanche Pick-up. Unmolested, rare Jeep in good condition. Eliminator trim package. 2WD, Automatic w/OD, AC blows cold, PS/PB, split rear window, bucket seats, console, full instrumentation. Fuel injected 4.0 liter straight 6. (22MPG) ~170K on the body, ~130K on 1989 motor. Runs/drives excellent. Mechanically sound, but the paint is badly checked. Glass is great ... new windshield. Excellent candidate for restoration. Not perfect, but perfectly good. Mid-western truck. NO rot. Rockers, floors, cab corners all SOLID. 6' box is SOLID. The paint is shot, but the body is remarkably straight. Interior is all there and in good condition. New headliner. Upholstery and carpeting are free of rips/stains. Dash pad has cracking near the VIN.

The truck is registered and driven almost daily. I've recently replaced the front and rear bumpers, front header panel, grill, headlight doors. The vehicle has new exhaust from the manifold back (including catalytic converter), new brakes and lines all the way around, less than 1000 miles on new tires. Just passed NH state inspection on 8/31.

This is not a new truck. It is what it is. My investment is more than my asking price, which is negotiable. Thank you for your cash offers ... I've seen pile of 100 dollar bills before, and a pile 25 high won't buy this truck. I don't _need_ to sell it. I have the out of state title, but title activity has expired in New Hampshire. This vehicle can be registered and titled as an antique in 2013. Sold with all the documentaion that I have and a Bill of Sale. If you're reading this,the truck is available for purchase. First real buyer gets it, I will not hold it.

Inquiries with NAME and PHONE NUMBER will get a quick reply. All others will be ignored/deleted.

Thanks for looking!

Seems a little pricey...

It has some stuff working that's expensive to fix (A/C, etc) but a 2wd with paint in that shape? Yikes. He's probably going off of NADA classic value, which was $7-8k last time I looked.

Good for him if he can get it - the more people pay for these trucks, the more all of our trucks are worth! :yes:

They've had that truck up for well over a month now off and on, I agree on the fact that I wouldn't even offer him the stack of 25 for that truck. MAybe 10 if I was in a generous mood, but it's probably worth even less then that.

• 2 weeks later...

Found another one. Although this seems more like it for the asking price.

http://nh.craigslist.org/cto/2639124298.html

Jeep Comanche Custome 1986 (Rochester NH)

Date: 2011-10-08, 12:32PM EDT

Reply to: sale-hjk3b-2639124298@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

This is a cherry of a Jeep comanche it's a classic! All you Jeep guys know it well. It is a 1986 4x4 5 speed 2.5 ltr 71k orignal miles too! It looks runs and drives great! The other great feature with this truck is that it's a 1 owner and he bought it new in 1986 and still owns it. This truck books for $7055 on nada and $8050 on kelly blue book classics. He is an older guy and can't drive anymore so he has to sell it. I am a friend of his and told him I will help him. I have the title "clean" in hand. If your interested call me Todd 603-793-1129 $4995 firm serious buyers only please. This truck was well maintained and deserves someone who will appreciate this truck for what it really is.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

5Z45T65X03ne3k13l0ba819f438793e7018a9.jpg5U65P05R43m33o13l4ba8c03474a71de616ff.jpg

5O05T65W03m93o53l5ba8abb2c43356761a71.jpg5V15P35R33kd3m13o9ba8d240df43885511c0.jpg