non comanche still a jeep ?

have a dilemma :hmm: my 96 XJ(4.0/auto) that the daughter drives she calls me and stated that it just didn’t want to start so I go to investigate and the preliminary indications look good (check for spark good) so I got it towed to the house since that’s where my tools are and she started right up my areas under consideration is the fuel delivery? Suspect fuel filter may be clog could be the original :dunno: going to check that out next, any other :idea: could be greatly appreciated

More than likely the CPS (Crank Position Sensor). These are notorious for going bad and when they do the Jeep will not start. Generally speaking when things like this occur you just run down the check list of fuel, spark, and air. Ive had several XJ's leave me stranded because of the CPS. Hope that helps

RockMJ

When the CPS goes out , you don't have a spark. I suspect fuel flow problems. However you are correct in blaming the CPS for a lot of no start problems. I have a '89MJ that constantly, about every 2-300 miles won't start. I just unplug and replug the CPS and it fires right up. I've cleaned the connectors and every thing I can think of and it still does it. Been doing it for 3 years now.

have a dilemma :hmm: my 96 XJ(4.0/auto) that the daughter drives she calls me and stated that it just didn’t want to start so I go to investigate and the preliminary indications look good (check for spark good) so I got it towed to the house since that’s where my tools are and she started right up my areas under consideration is the fuel delivery? Suspect fuel filter may be clog could be the original :dunno: going to check that out next, any other :idea: could be greatly appreciated
Check fuel pump connector. Relay? Intermittent fuel pump issue/ could be on it's way of going out . Check fuel pressure. How many miles on it ?