Shift knob thread pitch?

Hey guys, I'm getting down to the finishing touches on revamping my interior and I'm at that point where I'm picking up the odds and ends. My MJ didnt come with a shifter for the 5 speed trans so I'm looking for a replacement. Question is, what is the thread pitch and is it the same as a YJ? Reason I ask is because I can get a oem replacement for dirt cheap. I appreciate the input and I really need to find my thread finder. Thanks,

RockMJ

To my knowledge there are no threads on the stick. I made a custom knob for my AX-4 and my sons AX-15 and I had no threads on either stick. I used a 9/16-12 NC split die, started wide open and closed it down until I had good threads.

Mine has threads on it just not sure of the pitch. I believe the Cherokee's were M10x1.5 I believe? I can't say that for sure but thats what ive found. Not sure if the Comanche's are the same but it looks like the YJ's and TJ's are the M10x1.5. I suppose I answered my own question here if the MJ's are the same as the XJ's. I for sure cannot say if any of this is true but maybe someone on here will know for sure

RockMJ

I wanted to share this link I came across on a GTO forum. These guys make custom shift knobs in a ton of different configurations. They also do custom engravings so if someone wanted an "MJ" one or a "Jeep" one they would do it. here's the link

http://www.productinnovationsonline.com/Shift_Knobs.html

RockMJ

I like the Galactic Empire logo.