TAILGATE alternative / ideas?

Hello ....ok ,quik & to the point : 2 months ago I totalled my Tailgate. Trying to find a replacement is like looking for a winning lottery ticket seems like.

So,all i can think of is to get one of those Net things in place of the tailgate. Problem is....any of the net tailgates ive seen ALL have some big goofy white LOGO across the center of the net or company name,whatever brand makes it.

I don't really want a Logo or any NON jeep thing advertised in plain view .

Has anyone got any suggestions on what I should do for a tailgate?

walmart has the net gates for under 20 bux. but they also have the big white brand name right in the center of it. Plus the net gate is only nice for 6 months to a year before it fades & starts to sage a little.

Has anyone ever has a substitute gate made maybe and if so can ugive me an Idea. I wouldnt mind if it LOOKED like a net gate,but made much more durable. Like abs plastic maybe, or thin metal or something. ....Tired of riding around Tallgate-less

That's cool Pete, I like that. But I also like having the tailgate. It's the only thing that identifies my truck as being a Jeep. :)

88 AMComanche - what's your location? I also have a spare tailgate, but prefer not to ship.

I have a net that is plain black. Free if you or anybody wants it. I believe I also have the 4 metal tabs for mounting it too. It was behind the seat when I got the truck and have no need or want for it. Otherwise theres a jy nearby that had about 4 comanches. I believe one, if not more had tailgates. I can check next time I'm there.

I would flip the gate around backwards and maybe hit the logo with some paint. :)

I tried this too.. It looked like my XJ was wearing a t-shirt inside out though. It's not a finished side on the back.

Sound like you can get one from harley though :thumbsup:

Here I looked a little bit, this one looks to be plain.

http://www.jcwhitney.com/tailgate-nets/ ... id=8163615

• 1 month later...
I have a net that is plain black. Free if you or anybody wants it. I believe I also have the 4 metal tabs for mounting it too. It was behind the seat when I got the truck and have no need or want for it. Otherwise theres a jy nearby that had about 4 comanches. I believe one, if not more had tailgates. I can check next time I'm there.

YES. IF you don't mind, that would be nice. letme know if you come up with anything. Maybe we could do a quik Ebay deal. throw it on there with a buy it now maybe. or something