Anyone near Huntsville, AL?

Automan2164

Anyone near Huntsville, AL and willing to look at a truck for me? I am kind taking a liking to this Cummins down there, and thinking of driving it back... The miles are decent on the truck, its a southern truck, and it has all of the things I am looking for. The running boards scream old man, and the truck looks really clean. Here's the link:

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?c ... dard=false

Ideally, I need to call the dealer and ask some questions, but I wanted to just toss out there that I might be interested, and ask if anyone was close enough to go over there and oogle it for me.

Rob :cheers:

Incidently, it's not real close to Huntsville either. Huntsville is well over an hour's driving from that truck.

Such a debby downer. I just picked what I thought was the biggest major city close by.

I am over an hour from Chicago, but you would have no idea where I am at in IL if I said Harvard, IL. So when people ask, I say an hour Northwest from Chicago.

Rob

Those running boards have to go if you get that up here. All they do is collect crud, crap and water and will lead to the rockers rusting out.

Don... That is really clean for a truck of that age up here. That's about the amount of rust you would see in year or two if it lived in the north...

Those running boards have to go if you get that up here. All they do is collect crud, crap and water and will lead to the rockers rusting out.

Don... That is really clean for a truck of that age up here. That's about the amount of rust you would see in year or two if it lived in the north...

Yep, boards would hit the bricks if I brought it home.

I was looking at the underside of that truck and thinking about how friggen clean it is. Haha. Don, you live a pampered life there south of the rust belt. That thing would qualify for rust free up here.

So... No one near there eh?

Rob :dunno:

Don, you live a pampered life there south of the rust belt. That thing would qualify for rust free up here.

Realize it looks good to you guys but it would not look that rusty if it hadn't seen salt water. The insides of the wheels are rusty too. Did you run a VIN check on it? Probably from Daytona and been run on the beach.

I'd go take a look but it's over 2-1/2 hours from me and I don't know crap about diesels anyhow. :dunno:

Found another, somewhat closer. Talked to the owner for about 20 minutes today, see what happens:

w:640

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.js ... f=national

Rob

Now THAT is a sharp lookin truck, to be honest the white one looked like a grandpa truck where the fifth wheel is right behind. I would stay away from one that has a fifth wheel hitch anyway, there are more trucks out there that haven't ever pulled anything. True they are built for this purpose but if you had a choice wouldn't you choose the road less traveled?