MoPar Oil Filters

Picked up a dozen MoPar oil filters at a Jeep dealer sale the other day. 12 Filters for $6. I think it's safe to assume Chrysler doesn't make their own filters and these are Wix, Purolator Fram or something. Looked at the box and filter and couldn't find a clue as to manufacturer. Any thoughts on the subject? Or idea as to who made them? :dunno:

Went to the site and checked it out. Found it to be inaccurate and misleading in several respects. One example. I typed in the part number for a screw on filter. It came back with a pic and information for a canister re fill filter. Another example. Typed in the filter no and looked to see what would swap. It did not show all possible swaps. Otherwise it is interesting and informative.

It's a good site - Lots of info, but not the Wiki type - It crosses a PN to a Wix reccomendation for a Wix filter & not every possible swap - When it spits out a Wix equivalent there usually is an application list at the page top - If industrial, recreational, farm & such are included there may be fuel, hydraulic, trans, coolers & others-both spin on, canister & whatever shown - - It's not a swap reference - It's an aid for selling WIX products - They ask for help in maintaining their data base & the instructions for corrections/additions are there if a PN doesn't cross or someone finds a (Gasp) mistake. What I like most is the spec list for their spin on filters-usually including the gasket id/od, burst pressure, flow rate, bypass pressure & micron size - The thread type & external dimensions are almost always there - World of info for WIX stuff & it'll put ideas in a guys head - I don't skimp on filters-I do improvise - Running a 3.7x7 inch 3/4-16 on a 22HP Kohler-It just dwarfs the tiny OE unit - Mounted a remote on my '84 Rampage 2.2 & use a big 12 micron hydraulic on it - I'd like to do the same on my 4.0 MJ but can't decide on a location - Anyway, if you want the skinny on all wix stuff - it's there & let 'em know if you disagree with something-They're nice people. :wrench:

wix is the best so far ...carquest has them don't know who makes napa gold ! stay away from this crap called driveworks its china made its VERY BAD!!!its getting very bad today to find good bits and parts even simple oil and filters !!