MJ Corbeau Seats?

Hey everyone. Well I am going to be picking up my first MJ this coming Saturday and I am planning out a build for it already. I have been reading up on swapping out the bench seat in an MJ for bucket seats but I was wondering if anyone has done a set of Corbeau seats? I did a bit of research and found that Corbeau has listed on their website as making adapter brackets for the Comanche for their seats? Anybody know if this is true? The seat brackets look to have their own unique part numbers but I was curious if anyone here has pursued this?

I was also wondering if it would be possible to modify the early model XJ Corbeau seat brackets and combine them with the Comanche brackets to make it work? My only concern is the seat being way too high but custom work is rarely easy right :D? Here is a link to Corbeau's website where they have the brackets listed: http://www.corbeau.com/service/seat_brackets/ . Thanks everyone,

RockMJ

Thanks for the link. So I am guessing first thing would be to get a set of MJ bucket brackets as the adapter bracket is a flat slider style. Ill have to give Corbeau a call and ask them. Ill post up what I find out

RockMJ

Okay, I don't know if its because I'm tired or what but I'm wondering if you just removed the floor brackets from the bench seat if you could mount them to the adapter bracket that Corbeau sells. It is a slider itself so I wonder if the legs could just mount to it and your done. I don't have the MJ in front of my yet to visually see all of this so I'm going off of pictures and write ups you guys have done. Thanks,

RockMJ

Should work. I used MJ bucket seat brackets to mount my XJ seats, but they are getting hard to find. The MJ bench brackets will also work for XJ buckets, but I personally haven't done it. Several members have and someone will probably chime in. Using the bench brackets and the Corbeau adapters would probably make the seat too high though. :dunno:

Thats what I'm worried about. I'm guessing the adapter bracket is aimed towards the MJ bucket seat brackets. I'm planning out my interior "makeover" currently so what better to start with than seats? Not to mention I'm scared to sit in the MJ without a contamination suit on lol

RockMJ

• 1 month later...

Okay, so I'm getting close to finishing the interior and I'm about to pull the trigger on the Corbeau Moab seats. I found a member on here selling the MJ slider brackets so if that works out it will be perfect. But everything brings me back to the bench seat brackets versus the bucket seat brackets. I guess time will tell whether the stock bench brackets will make the seats too high or not. Any more input is welcome!

RockMJ

The sliders are the same, but the mounting brackets that go from the slider down to the floor of the truck are different due to the floor pan being different.

Edit: I was replying to the difference between XJ and MJ brackets, not bench/buckets. Guess I should have checked to make sure that was the last post...

i thought mj bench brackets were identical to mj bucket brackets ?? -- mind you it's late and I'm tired too. --hope we are talking about the same thing.

The actual piece that bolts to the floor is the same on the MJ bench and the MJ bucket. The slider mechanism is different because on the bench there is one slider on each side and the buckets need two sliders on each side (pass and driver)

Excellent, thats the answer I was looking for. As long as the brackets are the same I should be good to go. Now the question is should I get the seats or lift it and get my tires under it. Ahh decisions. Thanks guys

RockMJ

• 4 months later...