Money to spend

dasbulliwagen

Ive got a few hundred to spend on the MJ, and I have a few things I'm considering. I'm thinking about control arm drop brackets for a future lift, but I'm also thinking about a set of wheels for when I go wider with tires. Or should I just keep saving up and get a full lift kit. I'm not sure of the last one, as I'm thinking I'm gonna need to do this bit by bit. The spring over in the rear won't cost much except for shocks, but I want to do the front right, and control arm drops are the way I want to do it, probably with adjustable arms. I already have an adjustable track bar which is turned all the way in, but will need springs and shocks as well. It will be easiest to do it a peice at a time, but I'm not sure what I should get first. I'm thinking if I can find wheels cheap enough that might be the way to go, as the drop brackets are only $200, and might be easier to get later. I'm gonna need tires next year anyways so I might change my mind in size if I have wheels already. WHat do you think?

Buy the DBs used and save some coin for future projects. They never really wear out. I have bought used sets of DBs for $50. I would piece together the lift. It seems like the best bang for the buck.

The only parts I would buy new for the front would be shocks and brake lines.

Buy the DBs used and save some coin for future projects. They never really wear out. I have bought used sets of DBs for $50. I would piece together the lift. It seems like the best bang for the buck.

The only parts I would buy new for the front would be shocks and brake lines.

I'm not sure Ive ever seen DB's for sale used, especially MJ specific ones. And getting wheels with the backspacing you want is difficult. This is a mostly street driven rig, and I want stuff to be right, but I know what youre saying.

Lawyer for a speeding ticket? :dunno:

In NC, you can pay a lawyer $150-$200 to get your ticket knocked down to improper equipment, with a fine of $25 plus court cost and no points for your insurance. Its a huge racket for the lawyers, but gets you back in the green with insurance.

Damn, usually you can just appeal it here in MA and go to court, most of the times the cops don't even show up so its an instant-win!

x2 for here. sometimes though it does come with a small fine. never over 100 bucks no matter how fast. or at least thats my experience with it. doesnt go on your record either :clapping:

ouch, i got a 18 mph over ticket last october, tried differing it, got a lawer, ended up paying 275 for the ticket, 250 for the lawyer and 25 for court fee's (lawyer sucked). find out in september how bad the new rate will be lol i had DBs on my xj and loved the articulation, 2 weeks ago ordered some for the mj, still waiting for them to arrive. what brand you going with? i went rocky-road again