Reckon I'll just never quit

jimoshel

Just finished replacing a 4.0 engine in '99WJ for a guy from Denver. Sold him the engine and installed it. Figured if the guy had to drive 120 miles one way for this, they must be hard up for parts and mechanics in Denver. Anyway when I got finished I swore I'd never touch another one. A whole day just removing plastic just to get to the engine is ridiculous. Took me 4 days for the job, start to finish. I don't rush things. Just take it easy.

Well, got another one. Couldn't turn it down. '98 ZJ, 108K, cherry bod an interior. Busted engine. $250. I got the thing just to part out but after going thru it decided it's just to nice to part. Hey,, A bucks a buck and a guy's gotta keep busy, doesn't he?

I had more pics but I can't retrieve them them from good ol trash bucket so I'll quit with one.

a buddy of mine had a 96 ZJ and it was pretty good. i never had to work on it (oil change maybe) but it sure was nice having all that room both inside and in the engine bay.

good score for that much. throw on a 3" lift, 33s and go cruise some trails. those things are beasts offroad.

Do that little bit of body work on the right rear and it will help out the resale value quite a bit.

Was saving that for you Sam. I figured with your magic touch and artistic talent that I could never get it as good as you could so when ya going to come down? Kill a couple, shoot the shet and get acquainted. :cheers:

Do that little bit of body work on the right rear and it will help out the resale value quite a bit.

Was saving that for you Sam. I figured with your magic touch and artistic talent that I could never get it as good as you could so when ya going to come down? Kill a couple, shoot the shet and get acquainted. :cheers:

Sounds like your trying to appeal to my vanity and get some free work outta me. :fs2: :thumbsup:

If I lived within reasonable weekend driving distance from ya Jim, I'd have already been there.

Rob :cheers:

There'l always be cold one in the fridge waiting for ya Rob. One thing I've found out in my life. You just never know when a friend or old acquaintance is going to be dropping in.

Damn. Didn't know I was so obvious.

lol got a better pic of the damaged area?

Ask and you shall receive.

I figure a couple light taps with a hammer and dolly will work it out. Paints bad so don't have to worry about not damaging it.

I figure a couple light taps with a hammer and dolly will work it out. Paints bad so don't have to worry about not damaging it.

Still gonna need to do some filler and spray new base and clearcoat.

I got some leftover green of that color from the XJ I bought this summer and lots of clear still........

Still gonna need to do some filler and spray new base and clearcoat.

I got some leftover green of that color from the XJ I bought this summer and lots of clear still........

How much $ ?. Paint code G8.