bed lining the rockers and lower part of bed?

So has anyone done this? I'm contemplating the idea cuz I'm sick of rock chips on my rockers, cab corners, lower bed and such. Living in Hawaii with the weather and volcano exposed metal=rust and my truck use to only have minor surface on like bumper brackets but I see some bubbles from the typical places rocks kick up and this last camping trip I put a small dent on the very bottom of the bed. So I kinda wanna protect from further damage as well. My friends dad does permatech so I'm gonna price him out and see the product. Gonna price out linex also but I'm weary about the guy since my last run in with him he seems more interested in profit then his knowledge of stuff. Let me know what you think.

If yu do I would advise you to not use a DYI kit like hurculiner. Pay the $ and have a place that does spary on bed liner do it for you like rinno liner. You will save in the long run and I'm sure it would look 10x better.

Brandon

I did mine about 2 years ago in Hurculiner, Still holding up great! :wrench:

Totally agree! DIY kits are great for saving cash, but it really comes down to the prep that you do. Follow the kit's instructions to the fine details and it should work out just fine.

Comanchekid45's and neohic's trucks is pretty much how I want it done...from the same body line down. I herculined the interior, didnt come out bad didnt come out how I wanted it either, and it was all in the prep....and I shoulda waited more than 24hrs to hop in. But I'm gonna shop around and go look at the permatech product. Because if its glossy or anything I don't want it, matte black rough finish is what I want. I would Rhino it....BUT my dad had the bed Rhino'd years ago....and on the inside of the bed rails its peeling. Should go get it re done but I have no idea where the tag they put in the bed went...fell off years ago but I don't know where I put it.

The nice thing about the Herculiner and similar DIY kits, is that if it does get chiped or scraped you can always touch it up.

Yeah but the touch ups look like crap. And after awhile as it starts to fade then the touch ups become even more clear...

Brandon

I did my Cherokee with the super cheap rattle can spray on bed liner, after it dried i sprayed that with satin rustoleum. I touched up chips about once a year then re-coated the satin. Never had any issues with fading with the rustoleum.

Those all look good to me. But what about prep?

When I was talking to my friend he said the paint needs to just be clean. In my mind I'm thinking, "I don't want this thing to peel, I want it there FOREVER once its on" So I don't care if I have to tape off the body line and take a DA sander with 80grit just to scuff it up and clean out those minor rust spots. Anyone ever did that scuff then apply bedliner or just clean real good and spray?