Coil Spring question

I am getting the Hell Creek MT springs for my MJ. That will get rid of the 1 inch or so inches of sag from the years and maybe add some lift to the rear. My question is what springs should I use to replace the front springs? I think I remember hearing about using some Grand Cherokee Coils but can't remember for sure.. I still plan to add a Winch to the Grille guard and with the current coils, that will lower the front a good bit.. After I get the MT spring on I want to have the front a little lower than the back... Like most pickup trucks or the stance our F-250 has.

Here is what the Jeep looks like as of now. (I don't have the MT leafs yet) I like the stance it has right now.

251247_2095202780183_1248744812_2562231_4377697_n.jpg

XJ up country coils-1" lift over stock MJ/XJ coils

Grand cherokee V8 stock coils- 1" lift over stock MJ/XJ

Will the v8 grand Cherokee coil spring go without modification to the Spring mount?

yep. basically same spring as the up country springs

• 2 weeks later...

If you look in the Jeep parts book, there are about 25 coil springs listed for the ZJ Grand Cherokee. You have stock 6-cyl, 6-cyl with Up Country, stock V8 5.2L, 5.2L V8 with Up Country, stock 5.9L V8, 5.9L V8 with Up Country ... and various spring codes within each of those groups. It is impossible to predict how much lift he's going to get.

Rough guess -- between 1" and 2". I think all years would work :thumbsup:

Brandon

Only after I posted what year, that I remembered the years I can use... I am going with 1997 v8 grand Cherokee variable coil spring, unless other wise told not to do so. Any opinions? I can pretty much try out any stock part that advanced auto parts sells... Try and return if need be... I know everyone who works there but one person... So other than my MJ staying on my parents patio while I wate for parts I am in no hurry..

Should be getting the second set of springs in tomorrow.. The first set was wrong year..

Any good sway bar links to buy? Brand, type? I broke one today and figured it was time to upgrade anyway..

Thanks