ring and pinion gear, shim kit, bearing needed

STERLING STINGER

if you have 3.55 gears then my axle with 3.54 gears should work. the .01 difference shouldn't be a problem. i don't think theirs anything wrong with the gears. just a bad pinion bearing. i'll sell the whole thing drum to drum for $25 if you come get it.

EDIT:

mine is out of an 88 and has the bearing retainer plates to hold the axle shafts in. they might have changed to the c-clip in yours so i don't know if it's the same or not

if you have 3.55 gears then my axle with 3.54 gears should work. the .01 difference shouldn't be a problem. i don't think theirs anything wrong with the gears. just a bad pinion bearing. i'll sell the whole thing drum to drum for $25 if you come get it.

EDIT:

mine is out of an 88 and has the bearing retainer plates to hold the axle shafts in. they might have changed to the c-clip in yours so i don't know if it's the same or not

Howxcan ixcheck to see if this will fit?

I don't understand what u guys are saying. I need to buy a ring and pinion out of a dana 35c with a 3.55 gear ratio. I can getcone for $25. Or just $25 shipped. Sorry doing this on crappy phone.

he is saying that my axle is non c-clip and is a better axle than what you have now. and to just buy mine and fix mine rather than fix yours. he is also saying that my r&p will swap over to your axle. and you can't go wrong buying mine for $25. :D you could use the 2 axles to make 1 good one. btw did you go to harrys?

I don't understand what u guys are saying. I need to buy a ring and pinion out of a dana 35c with a 3.55 gear ratio. I can getcone for $25. Or just $25 shipped. Sorry doing this on crappy phone.

he is saying that my axle is non c-clip and is a better axle than what you have now. and to just buy mine and fix mine rather than fix yours. he is also saying that my r&p will swap over to your axle. and you can't go wrong buying mine for $25. :D you could use the 2 axles to make 1 good one. btw did you go to harrys?

you can ship this to me for $50?

dude go to the damn library and use the computer. he could ship just the r&p for $25 if he want to mess with it. but he offered the whole axle to you for $25 and you can just take a drive and pick it up and use that axle and your axle and make one good stronger axle.

EDIT:

The 3.55 vs 3.54 is moot. The actual ratios are the same. 3.55 vs 3.54 are just how people like to round. The D35 has 39 teeth on the ring and 11 on the pinion. 39 divided by 11 comes out to 3.5454545454545454545454545454......, which is properly rounded up to 3.55, but is also referred to as 3.54.

The only exact ratio in our axles is 4.10, because the D30/D35/Chry 8.25 have 41 on the ring, 10 on the pinion.

dude go to the damn library and use the computer. he could ship just the r&p for $25 if he want to mess with it. but he offered the whole axle to you for $25 and you can just take a drive and pick it up and use that axle and your axle and make one good stronger axle.

Just remember that putting in a used R&P still requires a gear setup, and is a bad idea. You cannot just throw them in and call it good.

Just remember that putting in a used R&P still requires a gear setup, and is a bad idea. You cannot just throw them in and call it good.

Rob

Nice to know your name is Rob there boss... did you mean to add anything to that bit of information or did you just feel like making sure we knew your name? :waving:

rob

I know. I still have to still get shims and a bearing and something else but i forget. These parts are at advanced auto. I just need a ring and pinion!! Have it at a legit drivetrain guy now. I can't find anything anywhere. I have no choice but to do it this way. Its been 2 weeks

U aint got any layin around?

rob

I know. I still have to still get shims and a bearing and something else but i forget. These parts are at advanced auto. I just need a ring and pinion!! Have it at a legit drivetrain guy now. I can't find anything anywhere. I have no choice but to do it this way. Its been 2 weeks

U aint got any layin around?

dude, i'm only going to tell you this one more time.

it's about a 2 hr drive for you. come and get my d35 for $25 and use the parts to fix yours or just fix mine and use mine.

did you go to harrys u pull it in hazleton like i told you?? don't go saying that you can't find anything anywhere when i told you multiple times that harrys has a complete 3.55 dana 35 there. i told you that last saturday. if you wait to long it probably won't be there. and don't say it's to far because harrys is only about an hour away from you

using a used gear set in a DD is a BAD idea.

you need to run the wear pattern of the gears BEFORE you remove the "good" gears from their housing, using the appropriate gear paste.

then, upon install, you need to match them PERFECTLY via shimming appropriately.

even then, they will never run the same, and chances are they will vibrate, and detonate.

using used gear sets is almost explicitly a "band-aid" or off-road only fix.

above that...."no one is sure what gears they are...." is a piss poor excuse to not make the hour drive to inspect an axle, and determine that 3.55 is the most common gear set out there...so it's a good 90% certainty that the axle will have the proper gears, and it will be easier to swap the whole axle than it will be to put used gears in.

now get off your butt and help us help you. nothing worse than someone who wants help, but isn't willing to help the helpers to help yourself.

-Pat