Another mpg question..yea yea i know

So on my 88 comanche it looks like I'm getting about 10 to 11 mpg, this is with 33's and stock 3.55 gears, new O2, MAP sensor, K&N air filter, plugs, and all checked and good vacuum lines. Is there anything else in the bowels of the renix system that I can do to squeeze 1 or 2 more out of it or am I lucky to be getting what i'm getting? thanks for any input!!

Many report a LOSS of MPG from the K&N. Many posts on Pirate about this....

Re-gearing to get the stock tire height to ring gear ratio would probably give you the biggest boost, but how long it would take to recoup the investing varies greatly with driving style.

Customer came into the Advance that i work at the other day to buy a set of e3 plugs for his XJ. I asked him how he liked them in the jeep. His response was "jumping from 14 mpg with my 33s to 19 mpg is worth the 36 bucks worth of plugs to me".

Customer came into the Advance that i work at the other day to buy a set of e3 plugs for his XJ. I asked him how he liked them in the jeep. His response was "jumping from 14 mpg with my 33s to 19 mpg is worth the 36 bucks worth of plugs to me".

buddy of mine used those plugs once.

best burnt pistons EVER.

stay away from platinums and performance plugs on 4.0s...too high of a nickel content in the head for them to work properly.

and. you invested money in lifting and putting bigger tires on the jeep. bad gas mileage is the result...time to regear, and not complain about the cost since it was an inevitable result.

I did put the e3 plugs in haha, and I'm not complaining, no where in my post was i complaining. This isnt my first rodeo with lifting vehicles so i know the results very well. i am however not familiar with the renix injection system, so I was just wondering if there was some hidden secret to them. Thanks all for any input offered!

Yea my 99 cherokee has 4.56's with 33's, she runs pretty good. My MJ is pretty much a work and run around truck since I bought my house, but I have alot of work coming up on my 99 so I'm making the mj driveable to commute the 20 mins back and fourth to work.