Project Aibrean

Hi all! Our names are James Willison Jr and April Meyer. and this is our 1988 Jeep Comanche

3n53o73lc5Z45U25X0b4p957c35402502162e.jpg

Stats= comanche.gif

year: 1988

Engine: 2.5L L4

Trans: 4 speed

recent mechanical replacements and upgrades:

New plugs

new distributor cap and rotor

new oil pan

new tires (though once we have the lift done those are gone.)

She is going into the body shop starting tomorrow. sand blasting to start, then dura glas patch work, then white paint and rhino lining from the lower body contour down as well as the fender flares.

the manche in your profile pic...is that the 3 or 6 inch lift ...I'm trying to decide what to get...

april is happy with a 3 inch lift but I'm thinkin more of a 4.5 or 5 inch lift...

thinking maybe the leaf over method may be the cheapest for me.

seems the bed on my MJ was mostly rust and bondo, Ive decided to take a trip to indiana to pick up another one thats in much better shape for 300 bucks. So if anyone needs a bed ima sell my old one for like 80 bucks...it hasnt rusted all the way thru yet but it needs work.

comanche.gif

Ridin dirty.

seems the bed on my MJ was mostly rust and bondo, Ive decided to take a trip to indiana to pick up another one thats in much better shape for 300 bucks. So if anyone needs a bed ima sell my old one for like 80 bucks...it hasnt rusted all the way thru yet but it needs work.

short bed that is.

comanche.gif

Ridin dirty.

glad you made it over, and :wrench: comanche.gif by the way, you ever check out joe's auto parts in spring lake? last time i was over there they had a few comanches out back.

yea i have a bunch. I actually work at tri city auto repair so we deal with joes for used parts all the time. i thihnk all the comanche's there were 4.0's though. I'm trying really hard to find a fuel sending unit for mine but its a 2.5L and ive heard in several conversations that they are engine specific got any ideas??

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATE: got new doors from a 97 xj and slapped em on. got a new box thats at a friends body shop waiting for me to sand blast, duraglas and bondo them $#!&s. also picked up a driver side fender cuz mine was showing mild rust. after all that.....PAINT, I have pics but my phone is bein queer and won't lemme send em....so ill post em eventually

:hateputers:

• 1 month later...