Problems to start my MJ :( I need help!!

Hi

I am having problems to start my engine, on the past week all of a sudent my MJ doesnt want to start, I do get the crank from the starter but the issue is that it won't start because of this my battery got wasted for trying to turn it on without succes, so I replaced the battery for new one, now sometimes after I give it a try after 10 times it starts, and then no issues it won't turn of or anything, what I have noticed is that when I tried to starte it many times and it doesnt turn on, the negative battery terminal gets very hot, and also when I open the key before I give it the crank the battery meter on the instrument cluster measures around 6 volts only, is that normal?

What should I check first? please help me fix it since its my daily driver and I use it to go to school and work, I will try to fix it this weekend.

Thank you!! :dunno:

Hot cables means you have a problem with either resistance in the cable or a starter pulling too many amps.

I would replace at least the negative cable and double check all your ground straps, ie body to engine and frame to body.

Sounds like a triditional Crank Sensor problem... :wrench: :smart:
Next time it won't start unplug the CPS connector (3 plug connector near the firewall behind the intake) and plug it back in. Then try to start the truck. This happens to me sometimes. :smart:

:agree:

Just throwing this out there. When you go to start it next time cycle the key three or four times in a row and make sure you hear the fuel pump prime each time and try starting it imediatly after the fourth cycle of the key. Sometimes if the fuel pump is getting tired this will get it started, but you usually have other running probs after it fires up if the fuel pump is going on you. If for some strange reason this works you should run diagnostics on your fuel system for sure. Good Luck buddy.