factory add on wiper delay.

I added this option to my '87 and it was well worth the $5 I spent at the jy for the module. Funny thing is that a PO had replaced the multifunction switch with a delay unit and never finished the job. It was literally a 5 minute install :).

Where in SC are you? I'm in WNC and LKQ in Greenville is about an hour away.

To convert from manual wipers to delay you need the multifunction switch w. delay (extra wire), the stalk w. delay switch function, and the intermittent module at the harness. You lucked out jeepsouth as two of the three parts were already there. :cheers:

1987Comanche, i'm in Summerville,about a 20 min. ride up I-26 from Charleston. I did not have to replace the stalk as this delay works independently. Simply plugged in between harness from my stalk switch to harness under dash. The instructions say that it works with "standard wiper wash system only" (base truck) it is a on/off control knob,and delay module combo that mounts under dash. when you rotate the knob to the right to turn it on it starts the wipers at a fast delay ,and the more you rotate it the slower the delay. The wipers stroke fully ,and park at a rate i control! jamminz.gif Oh and the stalk switch still works as it did before off,low,high. Will get some pics later today. :cheers:

Good luck in your search, did you use aftermarket cruise ,or factory on you truck? :cheers:

all the parts were in the truck when i bought it. everything was just laying around in the engine compartment not hooked up. i got rid of some stuff, did some tests, moved some wires around and finally got it goin.

I'm not sure what years/trims came with cruise so I'm not sure where all the components are from.

Also, so i don't hijack your thread, if you need info on how i troubleshot and fixed it let me know and ill start a thread on it. ive got pictures to go with it.

and if anyone has the info on years/trims cruise was available, that would help too.

so the factory one is off fast and faster? because mine looks factory on the column and has the thing that twists but its speed is more like off, delay(super duper delayed slow - slow), low, medium. doesent seem to ever go fast wondered if it was just a bad worn part somewhere

My base model has low high settings on the stalk. If you have stalk delay feature you have an issue if it is not resonably variable with the stalk switch. I have no real experience with stalk delay as i do not have it. My add on delay works well for me. You may have to replace components to get proper function:cheers: