Rear 8.8 conversion

The big reason for not using the entire Explorer pack alone is that it will lower even a 2wd MJ.

I don't understand why you would want to move the shackle mount location? That part is just fine. It's the location of the center pin in the pack that pushes the MJ axle forward in the MJ wheel well.

i think he was under the impression that the explorer main leaf was actually to short to use and wouldnt go "the distance" from the eyes.

hence re-drilling to make that distance shorter/longer whatever it may need.

and ive never heard anything bad EVER about JC whitney plus for 99 bucks they might not be a bad idea to try.

--MJ main

--Exp main

--Exp #2

--MJ # 3

--Exp overload

got Pete 20.75" hub to fender flare. Stock is ~20.50", that's .75" drop. A complete guess on my part would say that an Explorer pack would drop the truck 1.5", and going SOA would net 3.5 - 5" of lift.

If you don't want to lift it by going SOA, or just don't intend on lifting it yet, these springs probably wouldn't be a good plan, unless you like sniffing potholes.

You can redrill the front mount... if you want to use fullsize chevy springs :D Just make sure they line up right :brows:

Have you tried this? I've got a set of 32x32s laying around.

To answaer your question NO.. but I know myt alcans measure 63" so I don't see why It wouldn't work with a lil work. Keep in mind it will ride like poo pooo due to the increased spring rate. I would hook them up to the axle, center said axle and go for it.

Disclaimer "anything I tell you to try is to make you think outside the box and to try and make things work. By no means is this an endorsement to be stupid and cut up your DD like I did :brows: "

Seriously I would rethink using the Chevy leafs due to the spring rate. I am sure you could get them to work.. but would the pay off be worth it... I don't think so

Seriously I would rethink using the Chevy leafs due to the spring rate. I am sure you could get them to work.. but would the pay off be worth it... I don't think so

Yeah, was just curious if you had tried em since all the Toys run em anymore, but they've got a different frame width.