Bench Seat

Ok this may be a really dumb question but bare with me.

My Crown Vic police interceptor finally died and I need a new car this summer for driving to and from work. I car pool with two other people and I have been looking at a Comanche for a long time and I want one but does a Comanche with a bench seat have a third seatbelt or is it just two? If not I will have to look into an XJ or something.

A Comanche is a compact pickup. The bench seat is barely wide enough for two full-size adults, and MAYBE a small child. If you're carpooling, you are NOT going to carry three adults, and the third seatbelt is the least of the issues.

You should be fine with a bench. I hauled 3 in my truck several times. While it is certainly cozy, it is bearable as long as you are not trying to shove 3 linebackers in the cab.

I like having a bench so much, I will be installing one from a Dakota as part of my build up.

Yeah ive had 3 full sized people with "some" comfort and every body had there seat belt on. Ive also had 5 in there, 4 being girls that were skinny and me. Now that was comfortable! we rode like that for like 3 hr's and at the end i was ready to get out. That was not on a public road either.

Brandon

It's amazing how many people you can cram into a small area when half of them are females.

I had a 1956 VW bug and 7 of us were in it heading for the beach. Me and 2 females in front and 2 males and 2 females in back. Things were going quite smoothly until the car filled up with smoke and somebody hollered that the car was on fire. Pulled over by a puddle alongside the road and everybody bailed out. Jerked the cushion out and threw it in the puddle and put the fire out. Seems I had been working on it earlier and I didn't put the battery cover back on. The weight of 4 people pushed the seat down on the battery and the springs shorted out, setting the cushion on fire. Fire out, everybody piled back in and we continued on our war, with a towel over the battery. :thwak: I checked all my MJ'S. half has 3 seat belts. Half has only 2. comanche.gif