Build a modern AMX ! ! !

AMC-MJ

Ya I wasn't so much worried about his welding, I was more taking note of look more of these cars can be saved rather then crushed.

There was only less then 20K AMX's built in their 3yr run not going to be around forever.

Mike

There was only less then 20K AMX's built in their 3yr run not going to be around forever.

Yeah, and we had ONE guy in the original Javelin/AMX Sports car Club of Connecticut who single-handedly destroyed FIVE of them.

Moron.

Then there was my brother. When we got into speed events a bit more serious than Sunday autocrosses I bought a cheap, base model Javelin and built that up as my budget racer. My brother gave me a load of [bleep] about what a dope I was for wasting all that money when I had a perfectly good AMX (three, actually), while he raced his pristine '69 AMX and saved all that money.

Pristine, that is, until a hill climb at Okemo in Vermont, when he went straight where the road went left. Did I mention that Okemo is a mountain? And that when you fall off the road it's a loooooooong way down?

Moron x2