When installing 2"-2.5" pucks...

An adjustable track bar is a good idea, but up to 2 inches is considered a "budget boost" and most people who just install coil spacers don't bother with an adjustable track bar. The amount by which that initial 2" of lift offsets the axle is small enough not be be a concern.

As you go higher, the angle of the track bar is steeper, so each additional inch produces proportionally more lateral offset.

Ditto shocks. Most people doing a budget boost don't buy longer shocks. Ideally, you want the shock pistol at the middle point of its travel with the vehicle at rest. However, if you install longer shocks, then you need to install bump stop extensions to ensure that you don't bottom out the shocks on compression.

Mr. Gasket (or maybe Edelbrock?) makes 1-1/2" shock extenders that will allow the use of the original height shocks with a 2" budget boost. However, the same caveat applies. The bump stops need to be extended by the same amount to prevent damaging the shocks.

Who has 2-1/2" spacers? I wouldn't go more than 2" personally, and all the ones I have seen actually measure 1-3/4".

The MJ is supposed to have a slight rake when empty. As far as I'm concerned, a stock 4WD IS level. If you're looking to eliminate the rake, I wouldn't use 2" spacers, I'd use 1" (or 3/4", which is what I think they actually measure).

When I first got my MJ I added 1 3/4" pucks in the front and it sat level.

Easiest way to figure it out is to take a tape measure and see how much higher the rear sits than the front. after 20 or so years of use, there's no telling how far your springs have sagged.

Youll need a front end alignment after lifting too, as when you lift with our inverted -Y steering system, it will cause the steering wheel to be off center and cause the wheels to toe in, more lift too will decrease your caster angle as well, so youll need to do something about those soon after lifting to keep from eating up your tires. And making the caster angle right might keep you from getting Death wobble. I know the improper caster angle will not cause DW, but if you have too little, it might get set off easier.

Decided that the slope of my driveway was exaggerating the rake. I'll not be installing any lift front or rear. the 30" tires make it a little hard for my wife,and daughter to get in ,and this is my daily driver now that i need to work on the mustangs rear axel etc. :wrench: