lower control arms

i need help, this MJ i bought is becoming a mystery, i need to replace all the control arm bushings, and i was looking at the lower control arms and they don't apear to be stock , but I'm not that familiar with comanches so can someone post a pic of a stock lower?, also if they are not stock, will stock size bushings still fit? also I'm getting ready to lift the truck and was wondering what you guys thoughts are on the best way to go. i know i want the springs on top of the axles, and was thinking of trying a U-bolt eliminator kit, so with that said should i buy all my parts seperat or buy a complete kit? I'm wanting between 4 and 6 inches of lift and i deff want new leafs in the rear, so what ever the rear ends up being with the u bolt eliminator and goin on top of the axle i want to match the front. just not sure if i should try to find a kit or just order peice meal, also i can't aford $2000 at this time for lift ,so i want to keep budget in mind, thanks in advance for any help, you guys always come thru for me.

Eric

Not sure they are home made,some older aftermarket arms look like that.

If you pull one off and take off a bushing you might find a part number on the bushing,sometimes they were molded in. You could also go to a parts store and match them up.

Factory bushings will not work

There were several manufacturers out there that made square control arms that fit the XJ/MJ applications. Clayton Offroad to this day still uses square control arms.

Just a FYI; Rubicon Express is closed and is no longer selling products. You'd have to find a stocking dealer that has the RE MJ kit on the shelf to get it. We are one of them and do not have it in stock. There are very few stocking RE dealers out there; and if we don't have it I doubt anyone does....

so just order stock bushings and hope they work or should i go ahead and order some adjustable control arms that will still work with the new lift, the problem is the bushings are so far gone that the whole front axle rotates an moves all over the place ,i hate to even drive it rite now, so I'm trying to get some bushings in there while i deside what kinda lift i will be doin.

eric

It's hard to tell by the pics what type of bushings are in them. You'd have to undo one of the bolts and take a photo for us to be able to tell. Most likely they are a bushing like these;

motioncontrolarmbushing.jpg

Easily replaceable and cheap. With a few measurements I'm sure we can find you a bushing that will work.

Let us know if we can be of any further help.