cherokee taillights?

just out of curiosity, anyone know if cherokee taillights would bolt right in? my passenger side is about to fall right out and the driver side isnt looking too good either. cherokees are plentiful in junkyards but comanches are hard to come by. plus i kinda like the look of a cherokee taillight better anyways...

nope, there is a side by side picture but I don't know where it is but the Dakota is a little bigger. the only replacement for Comanche tail light is a Comanche tail light unless you want to make some custom ones.

**EDIT** found the link pretty sure these are Pete's pictures:

wow

never would have guessed they were that much bigger

sooo next question...anyone got some 'manche taillights for sale?

haha just kidding...i have no moneys right now. in fact i know where to find some, if anyones in central FL there is a junkyard on SR50 between Titusville and Christmas. there is one lonlely comanche sitting in a field of cherokees and i believe both taillights are there. i didnt think to look at the lights when i was there last so i don't know what kind of condition theyre in

i would have already pulled em if i had the $50 at the moment. just finished paying off tuition and am also going to ohio to visit my girlfriend from the 23rd til the 1st so thats costing me about $500

ill have to go back and find out the price though...

as long as the shell is in ok shape, why not just fab some new mounting points on them? the outer screw in my 90 have washer since the holes wallowed out too much for just screws. also the screws are bigger than stock. coated deck screws I think.

its a good idea, but my passenger side (the one thats just about falling off) has a hole in it. my girlfriends dad drove extra screws through the shell to mount it in all 4 corners. and the hole isnt just a screw hole, but a good quarter sized hole from the plastic cracking. and i don't remember what its for, but theres some sort of gasket or rubber along the outer edge? probably just to seal out moisture but thats pretty crusty and falling off on both...