NJ: FREE 4.0L & BA-10/5

terrawombat

Free to good home. I need the shop space and my hoist back. This is a 4.0L Renix w/about 105K miles on it from my 1988 MJ SporTruck. It fired up and ran fine - no knocks no weird noises, but I did a compression test on it a couple years ago and I recall the numbers being in the 115-125psi range so it was on the low end of the scale, but they were consistent and did not exceed the max variation between cylinders. I also do not remember if I had the butterfly valve open during this test. According to the cluster this engine had a cold engine oil pressure of about 45psi and a warm idle oil pressure of about 20psi. The engine never saw over 210F in my ownership. Has new intake/exhaust gasket, new Fel-pro rubber oil pan gasket and new RMS, but I think the RMS still leaked. Oil pan was cleaned of all gunk when removed and was painted with BBQ paint although there may be a couple of scratches on it from the removal. What you see is what you get - no accessories or fuel injectors, but whatever sensors are attached to it in the picture below.

The BA-10/5 is your typical Pukegoat. Notchy and pops out of reverse.

If you can come take this away this weekend, I'll give you the NP231 that is still attached to the assembly, otherwise I'm pulling that off and putting it in storage next week.

PM or e-mail me at kerrt43@gmail.com

• 2 weeks later...
have you got the ECU for this motor? I'm trying to diagnose a hot-start problem, willing to pay $$ if you've got one :cheers:

good luck on free-ing up the space.

Yes. Part # EF8953005407. Made in France (boo!)

I can send it to you for $20 shipped in a flat rate USPS box. Paypal e-mail is kerrt43@gmail.com and I can send as early at 9AM tomorrow morning.

Let me know.

• 1 month later...
I'll take it off you, just need to find a time to get up there.

K. That seems to be the big issue - no one can find the time to get it. Just give me a day and time and as long as it's not 8-5 on weekdays or Friday/Saturday night, I can usually make myself available.

I'll take it off you, just need to find a time to get up there.

K. That seems to be the big issue - no one can find the time to get it. Just give me a day and time and as long as it's not 8-5 on weekdays or Friday/Saturday night, I can usually make myself available.

I'll know a lot more when I'm free in the next day or two and then I'll send you a PM and we can set up a day from there.

Archived