1988 sport truck, 2.5, 4x4, 82k 4spd

hey guys new to the forum but not new to jeeps, just picked up my second mj. i owned my first when i was 15 an loved that truck. now after owning a couple cherokees i had to get another mj! i just found this one last week an picked it up in new bedford for 1500$. 82'000 original miles an very little rot. frames clean, rockers, doors, fenders, bed all clean has a small hole under the driver side floor thats it.(I'm guessing it was garaged most of its life) so I'm ripping up the rug asap. ill try to get some more pics up soon, SOA swap in the back and front end to match. paint, bumpers, snorkel winch rock sliders an a few other add ons

my 93 cherokee and my 88 mj

the 2.5 4 cylinder powerhouse. burns a lil oil but nothing major

even came with a monster tack, volt tack, engine temp, oil pressure,

was wondering what you guys have done to match up the lift in the front end to a SOA swap in the rear. i was told its about 5 or 6 inches that you gain? and do alot of you guys have oil burning problems with these 4 cylinders? my 4.0 cherokee dosnt burn a spec runs really clean actually. i don't get blue smoke unless I'm realllly hammering it an even then its just a lil

The actual height of a SOA has a lot of variables. My 92 was SOA'd an was sitting at about 5" an sat perfectly level. 2wd leafs give a little less lift than 4wd leafs, same with older sagging leaves giving less lift. Also, the height of the perches could change the net height slightly. Over all the general is about 5 to 6.5 inches. Truck sounds like its gonna be pretty cool. Welcome to the club

:cheers:

I have basically the same truck,mine doesn't burn much oil

I had to go 6.5"s to match my SOA,your big issue is gonna be gears. with the 4spd you should have 3.55s so if you want tires to match your lift you will need to regear.

My 2.5l pulls my 33X12.50s with stock gears but its not real happy about it

ahhhh ic ic and ya i have some 31's i was thinking maybe 32's at the most, but that cherokee in the picture has a 4.0 with 112k but a beer can thin frame so I'm gonna do a swap eventually. and 88pioneer thanks for the welcome! the mj seems to already sit as high as my cherokee and the cherokee has a 3 inch skyjacker with 31's. its deffinetley higher in the back then the cherokee. you guys got any suggestions for types of lifts? say if i was lookin to do 6 or 6.5. i have about 1000 to spend i wanted to get the lift setup snorkel an some tires at least

That's gonna be tough for $1000

6.5 is gonna be a bit big for 31s, you could do a 4.5" and leave it SUA then you could do 31s or 32s.

A 4.5" would work with your budget the rough country 4.5" is around $500,or for even less you could do a 3" and 31s

just ordered my rough country 4.5" lift with the add-a-leaf today. also ordering a drop pitman arm and adj track bar. i was looking at the rough country control arm drop kit... you guys think its worth it to go with the drop kit? all together without the lift it came to 400 shipped to my door what are you guys thoughts? thanks for the help