electrical issue, no surprise.

Electrical issue:

I push the brakes and both blinker lights come on on the dash and my turn signals up front lite up, off the brake and lights are go off, yet my blinkers don't work via the switch. wire crossed perhaps or bad ground i guess? then now, last week, I turn on the head lights and I have no dash lights, I have lights outside but not inside. I'm puzzled.

Had the same problem and it ended up being the headlight switch itself.

Of course, I replaced it after I struggled with the grounds, cleaning and treating the electrical plugs and sockets, and replacing bulbs :roll: so it could have been a combination of any of the above......but it didn't go away until the switch.

Funny story: I pulled on the handle of the switch until I thought I'd get a hernia...speaking badly about it's heritage the whole time and finally gave up....until my son reached behind it and pushed the little button that released it.... :redX:

Cheap and easy fix. Try replacing the front turn signal bulb sockets to the newer style ones. I had the same problem. Two sockets and some butt connectors later and it was fixed. My old ones looked good, but were back feeding electricity.

ok so cleaned up the front harness, was full of gunk, have a bad socket so swap that out when pick up another one. Not though, use DC outlet and radio cuts out till unplugged whatever from the plug, hit the wipers(only have high) and radio cuts out, hit brake and radio cuts out at times, and now my dome light works off and on flickers as if open wire perhaps going down rd. :mad:

• 2 weeks later...

well since installed the new steering column tried to clean up and check some of the wiring. Well what a rats nest, found the light switch had a jumper wire to make the parking lamps and head lights work, so assume the switch is bad????

Think I got the DC outlet working, somehow, but won't know till I hook the radio back up and see if it still cuts out when outlet in use.

I have a good ground from block to firewall, so where would be best to add another ground if i have a bad ground?