freaking jeep wont start

its not a manche but its a cherokee but anyways. ITs a 1990 jeep cherokee i drove it out to dinner tonight and went to get back in a start it and i had nothing. my head lights work and dash lights work and thats about it. the gauages don't read any battery level or anything else. its cold @$$ hell here so i have not looked at anything yet tonight but was woundering if anyone else has a suggestion. i tryed jump starting and that did nothing. i don't think it could be a alternater? maybe a starter?? :wall:

Does the engine turn over but not start or nothing happens at all. If nothing happens at all , try to start it in neutral instead of park.( neutral safety switch bad). Also could be a bad ignition switch, starter relay or statrer.

Sounds like the NSS to me...and it may not be that the NSS itself is bad. If it is...it can be rebuilt or bypassed altogether.

My 1990 XJ does this periodically...which really sucked when I had a bad TPS as it would shut down in traffic and then not restart!

Anyway...unplug and replug in the connections on the solenoid. I believe the NSS conection is near the bottom rear of the solenoid.

Sounds like the NSS to me...and it may not be that the NSS itself is bad. If it is...it can be rebuilt or bypassed altogether.

My 1990 XJ does this periodically...which really sucked when I had a bad TPS as it would shut down in traffic and then not restart!

Anyway...unplug and replug in the connections on the solenoid. I believe the NSS conection is near the bottom rear of the solenoid.

or try just play with shifter to shake the sensor up. if its work then nss is start get bad. replace it.

Go to the starter relay. It's on the right fender. Remove the wire going to the starter solenoid. move it up about a inch and touch it to the big terminal with the hot wire from the battery. With the key on it will bypass everything and it should start. Or take a screwdriver and short the two terminals together.