msd ignition

okay well i went to rustys offroad and found msd for the comanche but iuno what coil to get?

http://rustysoffroad.com/mm5/merchant.m ... y_Code=MSD

Look, a coil or MSD box really won't do anything for you. Typically these are helpful in a few high performance situations, like high compression, forced induction, and or high rpm, where in the first two it takes more power to ignite the air/fuel charge, and in high rpm situations the engine exceeds the peak cycle time of the coil causing poor spark, so a higher energy coil (and or a cdi (msd) box) will help boost the spark power.

The Jeep 4.0 is not high compression, forced induction, nor a high rpm motor. The OEM ignition system is beyond capable of giving you a full burn as it sits. Most people don't even see a difference with ignition upgrades when they build strokers, so why would it help a stock 4.0?

Edit:

It could also be advantageous in a motor with large open chamber heads where there is a large flame front needed, but the 4.0 wedge design does not fit this scenario.

:agree: W/ your dad if you are doing the control box you will need the coil.

i did some research for the 1990 & go with the PN: 8207 MSD Blaster SS Coil

you'll need to hack the factory connector off and attach the black wire to the primary negative and the green to the primary positive.

black->white, green->red

I get slightly better mileage and a better throttle response. MARGINAL gain.

i had one of the MSD boxes on my toyota....got it for free with my race car parts and decided to throw it on. Did absolutley nothing except make it run just slightly smoother at idle....also had it coupled with an MSD offroad blaster coil. Better things to spend your money on if you looking to gain some HP...but if you dead set on it my motto always is.....

its your money and your truck....do with it what you want cause in the end only you have to like it!

• 5 months later...

Time out.

Back on April 5, didn't you agree to buy the box from another member? What happened to that, did you stiff him after agreeing to buy it after he cut his price in HALF for you?

u got me however i won't be able to do anything till 15th when i get paid

No that's not what happened we still trying to do ithe deal he won't do it over anything else but pay pal and I didnt have one we still going working on a plan

My apologies.

I don't have PayPal, either, and I won't sign up for it due to their political position on certain things I consider important. If someone won't accept a postal money order, I don't need to deal with them.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQfycWK76f0RBOgj5RDfQ6VXEHprTKS6C8YdZkAcjoHi1bP9uXNaQZLVG0kJA

I don't have PayPal, either, and I won't sign up for it due to their political position on certain things I consider important.

What political position :dunno: This sounds interesting.

Paypal is notoriously anti-gun. It's cost them a lot of the 2A community.