86 XLS parts (AZ)

tbrand

I'm pondering picking up an '86 longbed here for parts. Just have to clear it with the landlord over Christmas and hope the guy doesn't sell it out from under me in the meantime.

If it ends up working out, does anyone need anything specific? It would only be able to live at my house for a week or two before it heads off to the junkyard, so I'd like to know in advance what I should be trying to pull. I plan to keep the buckets and perhaps the console, and a few miscellaneous interior bits. The truck is tan/gold with the darker tan (spice?) interior.

All right guys, I'll be sure and get anything unusual off, as well as build info. I hate to send it to the yard, but it's pretty rusty (especially for an Arizona truck) and I have a hookup at the junkyard who'll give me quite a bit more than normal for the truck when I'm done with it.

Well Rob, it has the badges (2 Comanche, 2 XLS, 1 2.8L V6, and the JEEP on the header panel. It also has the cargo light switch, but the light itself appears to be MIA. I'll let you know if I find it in one of the boxes of parts that came with the truck.

Well Rob, it has the badges (2 Comanche, 2 XLS, 1 2.8L V6, and the JEEP on the header panel. It also has the cargo light switch, but the light itself appears to be MIA. I'll let you know if I find it in one of the boxes of parts that came with the truck.

Very good. I appreciate it, and I'll take whatever you don't want.

Thanks!

Rob L. :cheers:

I'll have to look for the battery box and the radiator bracket - the PO has all of the engine parts strewn about the bed. If I find them, I'll let you know.

I've pulled a few parts and they're available for sale.

Tail lights are SOLD!

Silver brushed-look dash bezel. Includes lower cap. $30 plus shipping.

IMG_0542.JPG

2.8 Carb. PO says rebuilt, but no receipt. $25 plus shipping

IMG_0537.JPG

Tan/yellow interior plastics. The dash has a big nasty gouge, but most of the rest seems to be in ok to good shape. These are the shrouds on the seat brackets. I'm thinking $10 plus shipping for these, or if you want more interior, let me know and we'll work something out.

IMG_0543.JPG

MJCARENA - PM Sent.

I've got a set of 5 wheels that I think originally came from a Grand Cherokee. Tires are not so good, but the wheels seem to be all right. $100 obo and a set of bald steelies to roll it on the trailer. Local pickup, unless you know a great way to ship 5 wheels and tires.

IMG_0545.JPG

A.R.E. Longbed Topper, gray. Not MJ specific, but fits on this longbed pretty well. Paint is faded and shocks are a bit weak, but all glass in great shape and has the slider to connect to the cab. $150 obo local pickup only.

IMG_0547.JPG

Telling Sir Sam about the topper. Rob L.

Unfortunately that one is made to fit the early S10/S15 trucks. I have a brand new A.R.E. topper I've been trying to sell for years. :(

Yep, shot him a PM with the pic, then as soon as it cleared... I noticed the cab/topper area... Definitely not a MJ topper.

Rob L.

Archived