Which car to buy  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Which car to buy

• 03 Neon with 35k for $6800
    • 03 WRX with 27k for $16000

sorry for the pun but my rear end is making a thumping noise,

88MJ

d35 with 3.07

Last night while adjusting my brakes I could here a thumping noise while my friend was spinning the wheels. The only place I could pinpoint it to was the rear end, it only does it in a certain spot when the wheel is spun. I just changed the fluid and didnt see any teeth or metal shavings so it has me puzzled, any ideas.

Also while trying to bleed my brakes I come to find the bleed valves are stuck all around and I ended up popping a line while trying to bleed out the reservoir. What luck I finally get it road worthy a year after I buy it and I only got to drive it for 4 days before more stuff to fix.

Rock out with your Jeep out. Fungi

sigh... Tis the joy of owning an old truck. Sounds like a great opportunity to replace all the rusty brake lines (something we ALL should seriously contemplate whether we've popped one or not) and upgrade the rear to a 3.54 axle. :D

Jeep on!

--Pete

Welp had it on the lift today, ran all new brake line as the old ones basically disolved at a touch, as for the rear end it was just a u joint that needed lubed. Now if there was only some way to make the 4.0 get 25mpg

Welp had it on the lift today, ran all new brake line as the old ones basically disolved at a touch, as for the rear end it was just a u joint that needed lubed. Now if there was only some way to make the 4.0 get 25mpg

There is a way to make a 4.0 get 25mpg......................... drive it 20 miles and push it for five :lol:

Fuel economy out of a 4x4 :lol: You have to be kidding. Yes the 4.0's can get decent gas mileage if taken care of correctly, and driven sanely. Personally the reason why I built my rig was to do some " not so smart stuff off road" and fuel economy was never a consideration.

Patrick

welp I bought the Neon, and I have to say I'm happy. Its got some snot, lots of comfort features the the old Shadow never knew existed, and feels like its has about twice the room, but I still miss the hatchback. Oh well, just gotta start taking the Jeep to the drive in. I'll beat it for a couple of years then maybe go get a Gen 2 SRT-4.