SOA parts required

I'm lifting my mj and i'm doin it SOA because i have a rear d35 out of an xj that I'm gonna make work for the rear but what other parts am i gonna need for the front and i think the only other thing i need in the back is the brake line extentions and shocks? idk Help please i'm trying to do this cheap.

thanks

You CANNOT simply bolt up an XJ axle and make your truck SOA. Not only will this not give you proper pinion angle, but the perches are at a different width. You still need to move the perches, regardless of which axle you use.

Even if it looks like it lines up, it doesn't. If you bolt the XJ axle on as-is, you'll be stressing your springs(twisting). They don't like that and could break.

You CANNOT simply bolt up an XJ axle and make your truck SOA. Not only will this not give you proper pinion angle, but the perches are at a different width. You still need to move the perches, regardless of which axle you use.

Even if it looks like it lines up, it doesn't. If you bolt the XJ axle on as-is, you'll be stressing your springs(twisting). They don't like that and could break.

While I agree with the pinion angle and moving the perches the XJ perches are not offset as much as the picture shows. I measured the rear 44 in my MJ and the 8.25 from my old 93 XJ and there was only 1" of difference from center to center.

While I agree with the pinion angle and moving the perches the XJ perches are not offset as much as the picture shows. I measured the rear 44 in my MJ and the 8.25 from my old 93 XJ and there was only 1" of difference from center to center.

Ive seen pics on here where someone has bolted the XJ axle in with no modification, and it really does NOT look good! Maybe its only a half inch per side, but it don't look good installed.... looks half asssed and dangerous. don't do it. And the front will need around 6 inches of lift to match the rear, and will need as previously stated, a minimum of adjustable control arms top and bottom, and should also have control arm drop brackets, or a long arm setup, also an adjustable track bar, longer sway bar links and a professional alignment.

I don't care how good it might look, or how little it's "off". These are suspension components. Cutting corners puts your life, your passenger's lives, and other people on the road's lives at risk. Do it right or don't do it.

It would have been convenient to for AMC to put the perch width the same, but for some reason they didn't.

We had a member not too long ago who found out one of the potential effects of using an XJ axle unmodified. One leaf was straight up and down like normal and the other had taken on all of the offset. The bushings on that side had completely obliterated themselves.

Don't do it. perches are under $20 and welding can be had for a 6-pack. There's no excuse for doing it wrong.

I'm just gonna cut off the mounts and make it a spring under and do like 3 inch lift save some money and time cause I'm broke. then in a while i'll go back and long arm and spring over. Totally off topic but does anyone know if the brakes in my 88 mj will have to be modified to use front and rear rears out of a 98 xj. its d30/35 and i believe they have abs.

Thanks