bfg a/t or bfg m/t

pug

I use my mj as a work truck and sometimes i take on trails. The reason i ask is the 31x10.50 15 m/t is cheaper then the 31x10.50 15 a/t by $15.00 a tire. I have the km2 on my xj just don't have enomiles on them to see how they wear. thanks

Had that size AT on the old YJ. Good tire with decent bite when aired down.

My folks have the AT in a 30x9.5 on their XJ. Almost 60K miles on the tires and they are just now really showing signs of wear, yet still good tread depth. Keep them rotated every 3-5K miles and they will last for ever.

They really don't make noise on the road and have good wet traction and excellent snow traction. In heavy rain they get slippery due to the tread design not letting water quickly escape.

I have no experience with the MTs.

I have BFG A/Ts in the 35 size for my truck and hate them. We call them mall terrains because on pavement is where they belong not "all terrains". Maybe in a smaller size they would be better. Good quality tire however. I have 265s general grabber AT2 s on my grand cherokee and love them. They are alittle softer in the sidewalls but since I have put them on the places I feel comfortable going offroad has increased. I am now only limited by ground clearance not traction. They are wearing really well too with 10,000 miles on them.

$121.00 for 31's on tirerack.com

M/T's suck in snow, Ice, wet/rain, and dry pavement.

They do good in mud though, so if mud is your thing go for it.

Seriously though, M/T use large lugs that can clear mud out easily, those large lugs can't grip the road very well, plus with the large surface area of the lugs there is a large amount of "clapping" that occurs per lug, making them very noisy.

I have M/T's on my truck now(Old style tho). They've done great everywhere I put them, aired down they have a surprising amount of bite. I got them a couple months after they were discontinued for $250 mounted and balanced with free R&B for the life of them. :D

Oddly enough I've had two people in the last month ask me where I got them, one put a note in the cab vent that said dude, where did you get the BFG's with a number lol, I'll see if I still have it if you want a pic.