Another toy (Pics Added)

pingpong

Well I went and did it again :eek: I bought another rig :driving: This one is cooler then some of the other junk I have. Its an 89 2 dr XJ with a 4.3, and 700r4 and a 207 t-case :???: The guy who had it went thru a divorce and can't finish it, so his loss is my gain. Did I mention it has a 3" RE lift on it comancheB.gif

Needless to say this is not going to stay that way. Since it is a FI 4.3 with a fancy dancy painless wiring kit, and it comes with another tranny (turbo 350) This engine, and tranny will be going into Pong, along with a few other goodies :wrench: LIke a Np203, and dana 300 doubler :evil: I am still trying to find a deal on a front 60, and some coil overs... so if you know of any smoking deals let me know ;) Its time for Pong to evolve a lil more

i love 2dr xjs second only to the shortbed mj. btw i had the same shifter on my camaro before i grenaded the auto and swapped in a manual. the ratchet is fun as hell to mess with. just push that sucker down and back a few times. the sequential shifting is very fun.

I all ready have a few rear d60's :eek: They are easy to find.. but what gear ratios are they? I pay that much for the right gear ratio.. with shipping shouldnt be so bad

I will look into the pre runner ads..

As for the grille and stuff... I think I am going to get the 4.3 running, and vehicle driving before I decide what i am going to do. This is a reall y nice rig... and with a paint job would make an excellent street rig for me or the wifey.

So I figure I might put this on the road.. then all I have to acquire is another 4.3 (in the classified everyday for lil or nothing) and I all ready got a Turbo350 (it was in the back of the xj)...

We shall see... tommorow I hope to get it running before I lay down for my nap... then onto working midnights

He wlded tubing to the top of the bumper brackets, then bolted it to that. I am not sure of the strength as of yet.. I plan on hooking it up to my cherry picker, and if it will support its own weight I might keep them the way they are :eek:

BTW got the t-case hooked up after 2 tries... I had it clocked wrong last night when I put it in place. I am stil trying to figure out a few things the PO did... I might end up changing a few more items to make it up to par by my standards.

Something I leardned today.. Don't mix AN fittings with steel ones... THe PO must have had plenty of money cause it seems that he loved AN fittings instead of hard line.. only problem being he still used hard line in places with the AN fittings.. Talk about a PITA to fix.

Tranny lines got plumbed... working on getting the t-case linkage and shifter cable hooked up.. along with finding where the wiring labeled "torque convertor" hooks up on the tranny.