Spring Pucks??

Is this all you ave to put in when you put em on a comanche in the front? Is this easy to do? I found some 1" spacers on ebay and was wondering if it's as easy as it seems? Or do you have to do other things to it? just trying to get about an inche in the front. Thanks!

to install a spacer you will have to let the axle droop down as far as possible. and remove the springs or use a coil spring compressor and remove them. slide your spacer up onto the body.(make sure you put the stock isolator on the bottom of the spacer) then reinstall and its done

it's one of those things that's easier said than done. especially if the truck is rusty. getting the coils in and out can be a real bear. coil compressors will make the job much easier (relatively speaking), but be very careful with them. If I'm not mistaken, autozone will loan out coil compressors.

Spring compressors can get ugly quick. Kinda like a cutoff wheel exploding with no guard on the grinder. Like everything use caution. If you haven't already bought the pucks, look at the jks adjustable spacers. They are more coin but you won't be playing the different height game front and back constantly with your truck. I have been keeping my eye open for a used set myself.

If you have a junkyard near you, you could always go grab some good shape isolaters off a junk cherokee and stack those for a short term budget lift.

Whats the thing that runs through the middle of the spring? How does it work with that being there?

I'm assuming you're referring to the bumpstop. you may need to get a pipe wrench in there and unscrew the lower metal portion. can't member for sure.

you are referring to the bumpstop in the middle i assume. I'm not sure if you are asking about the compressors working or the pucks. once you take the spring out the new spacer as a hole in the middle and it slides up that to sit flush with the body. if you are asking how the compressors work, there are two. basically a threaded piece with a bolt head and a "hook" on each end. place them both on the coil opposite each other and compress! always take your time and be careful. its nice to have a friend help you too.

Adjustables start at 1.5" lift, cost around $250 new.

search "ACOS"

Bump stops screw off...and yes you'll need a pipe wrench or channel locks to remove them with the spring still on, between the coils. This picture just shows that they DO screw off.

`

I would strongly recommend removing the bump stops then use coil spring compressors.

The ones you rent from autozone/advance etc are very sketchy and dangerous if you don't know how to properly use them. I would recommend a cheap pair like these. They are a great tool to have around the garage.

http://cgi.ebay.com/AUTO-CAR-COIL-SPRIN ... 255f610387

EDIT: Go with 1.75" spacers you will be a lot happier.

Adjustables start at 1.5" lift, cost around $250 new.

search "ACOS"

Well my truck sits now about 3/4-1" low in the back. If you are pieceing together lifts your truck doesn't always magically just level out. And when my new springs sag when and if they do, I am back in the same predicament. $250 is a bit steep, unless you are tired of chasing level and not wanting to keep adding extra stuff back and forth, just my experience. Dakota springs are my first cheapest option to raise the back as well as lessen the axel wrap on my truck. But as soon as some ACOS come up used they are mine.

for only 1" pucks you don't need a spring compressor. Jack up the front end as high as you can get it and block it at the LCA frame-end mounts and let the axle droop. Unbolt the shocks, sway bar links, bumpstops, coil spring retainers and calipers and place a bottle jack between the top of the axle tube and framerail. Jack up the jack, which will push the axle down (and hold it there) while you remove the spring. Remove the stock isolator, slide the spacer up the bumpstop post and reinstall the spring. Bolt everything back up and repeat on the other side.

Jeff

negative....I've used the bottle jack trick on small spacers and even the ACOS when I installed them on mine. Tried it on the 5.5" TJ coils I'm running now, but they were a bit too much.....had to resort to spring compressors for them :D

edit: here's what I'm talking about....

Image Not Found