1997 for 4x4 convert

will a 97 cherokee work for a 4x4 convert for an 89 4.0? I won't need the front axle or rear I'm getting other ones. thanks

Brandon

btw that is all the info i have this far will have more tomarrow.

Coincidence. Just got in 30 minutes ago with a '97 Grand Cherokee that I'm going put everything from it into a '89 Comanche. 4.0, auto, don't know yet if it's AW4 or 42RE or what. 4WD. Including front clip. Keep in touch, compare notes.

Coincidence. Just got in 30 minutes ago with a '97 Grand Cherokee that I'm going put everything from it into a '89 Comanche. 4.0, auto, don't know yet if it's AW4 or 42RE or what. 4WD. Including front clip. Keep in touch, compare notes.

good luck. that's not an aw4.

well it is cheep the axles I'm getting are a ford 8.8 and a dana 30 both with 4:10 gears. I was looking for a cheep running working 4x4 cuz if I got a tr from a junk yard I'm taking the chance that it dose not work and then I would have to rebuild the trani. So will every thing but the axles work out of a 97 for the 4x4 convert? meaning trans/t case, front drive shaft, and what ever else go's along with the convert. thanks thanks

Brandon

well it is cheep the axles I'm getting are a ford 8.8 and a dana 30 both with 4.10 gears. I was looking for a cheep running working 4x4 cuz if I got a tr from a junk yard I'm taking the chance that it dose not work and then I would have to rebuild the trani. So will every thing but the axles work out of a 97 for the 4x4 convert? meaning trans/t case, front drive shaft, and what ever else go's along with the convert. thanks thanks

Brandon

once again

the torque converter in the auto trans won't bolt up to your flex plate.

if it's a 5 speed, it's a great swap. need a 74 cj304 pilot bearing for it, though.

Unless you just need some minor piece it's better and cheaper to buy a complete donor vehicle than individual parts from a JY. That way you can see how, if, it runs, Have it there where your working and don't have to keep making trips to the JY for little things you forgot, etc, etc. And when your through sell what's left.