ZJ rims on a MJ?

I just bought a 99 Grand Cherokee with a blown motor, It has some real nice 17" rims on it that i was wondering if they would bolt up on the old MJ until i get a motor? I thought i read some were that they were different.

On another note the 99 Grand Cherokee has a blown 4.0, supposedly i haven't even listen to it yet. Does anyone know what years are companionable with a 1999 4.0?

The lug pattern is the same. The problem may be with the hub, Some years and models were different for 2WD and 4WD. When you go to tighten them down the hub will poke thru the center cap. Just put one on and slowly tighten it. Keep rotating the wheel as you tighten. If it turns after tightening all lug nuts your OK. If it starts getting hard to turn before all nuts are tight, it ain't gonna work. Been there, Done that!

I just bought a 99 Grand Cherokee with a blown motor, It has some real nice 17" rims on it that i was wondering if they would bolt up on the old MJ until i get a motor? I thought i read some were that they were different.

On another note the 99 Grand Cherokee has a blown 4.0, supposedly i haven't even listen to it yet. Does anyone know what years are companionable with a 1999 4.0?

The '99 WJ rims will not fit a Comanche. The bolt pattern is 5X5.00 while the Comanche bolt pattern is 5X4.50. I hope this info helps.

The '99 WJ rims will not fit a Comanche. The bolt pattern is 5X5.00 while the Comanche bolt pattern is 5X4.50. I hope this info helps.

Yep. ZJ rims will fit, but with the debut of the WJ in '99, the bolt pattern changed... No dice mang.

Rob L.

Does anyone know what motors are compatible? 99-03?

Same years.

You may get by with an older block, but the heads/sensors/etc are all pretty unique. You can't even interchange easily between the XJ and WJ due to electrical differences (that I am aware of).

Look for an insurance auction or parting out of a WJ with 4.0 that was in a erar or side accident. You can get a motor real cheap. Or just go the rebuild route, 4.0's are easy to build also.

Does it have the coil rail bolted to the head, or a distributor? 1999 was the transition year.

The WJ and TJ share the same mounting positions on the block and are bolt in.

I installed a 2000WJ block 4.0 in my 2003TJ while rebuilding the TJs motor. It was bolt in with the exception of a couple sensors.

The WJ wheels won't bolt to the MJ, unless you by the spidertrax spacer adapters.