whats paint is good for front end parts?

its all in the prep work.

if you sand it real good, wipe it down even better..(xylene), primer, then paint...youll be cool

the paint is all on how much you want to spend

Rusto is the best IMHO

for how long depends on how much you drive/wheel it

i spray mine at least once every couple months....you know, go under and touch it up

jamminz.gif

For the brake calipers, buy brake caliper paint. It's specifically formulated to be more resistant to heat, chemicals, and brake dust that will be encountered by your brake calipers. I know O'Reilly Auto Parts carries Duplicolor Brake Caliper Paint... I'm sure you can find other brands elsewhere.

As for the other stuff, alot of it would depend what kind of shape it's in as to what product I would use. Generally, for this stuff some rattle can Rustoleum will work just fine and is easy to touch up when it needs be.

I like either Duplicolor or Rustoleum Engine Enamel. Very tough and harder than regular rustoleum paint. On underside parts like axles and tie rods etc. I still like to use gloss black, it cleans off easier.

That's about it... then color is a personal choice. The engine enamel comes in lots of colors. Agree on caliper paint or at least Hi temp paint.

i use a self etching primer or an automotive primer rustoleum after i scuff up and wipe and you can also use rustoleum bedliner its $9 a can but it sticks like crazy ands it way tougher than just paint and you can also paint it if blacks not your color.

yellow-painted-brake-calipers.jpg

Whatever you do, don't do this. :shake:

I can't resist. What is the story behind this?

http://forums.motivemag.com/showthread.php?4435216

"Every now and then we come across something so foul, so disturbingly stupid, so "WTF were you thinking," that we begin to question the legitimacy of our love of cars. This epic DIY failure is one of these moments.

Posted to a friend's Facebook page, Car Lounger, papaskot, deemed it necessary to share with the rest of his automotive clan this DIY failure and in doing so, leapt into a rabbit hole so deep there's really no end in sight. We invite you to peruse our idea of what must have gone through the troubled mind of this enthusiast. Just be sure you learn from his mistakes."

After rereading your post I see now your speaking more along the lines of tierods draglinks etc.I use etching primer and the hammertone hammered black so when you scratch it it will blend back better during touch up and it looks COOL!or I use chassis saver its like por15 only better! jamminz.gif

yellow-painted-brake-calipers.jpg

Whatever you do, don't do this. :shake:

I can't resist. What is the story behind this?

http://forums.motivemag.com/showthread.php?4435216

"Every now and then we come across something so foul, so disturbingly stupid, so "WTF were you thinking," that we begin to question the legitimacy of our love of cars. This epic DIY failure is one of these moments.

Posted to a friend's Facebook page, Car Lounger, papaskot, deemed it necessary to share with the rest of his automotive clan this DIY failure and in doing so, leapt into a rabbit hole so deep there's really no end in sight. We invite you to peruse our idea of what must have gone through the troubled mind of this enthusiast. Just be sure you learn from his mistakes."

holy s***. what would drive a person to do that?

UGH. :shake: