I brought it home today! 2nd MJ!!

MJRemi

I found this 88 on CL a few days ago and thought it would be gone by Saturday, which is the first chance I had to drive 70 miles to see it. It's a running 88 4.0 2wd 5spd swb with 300k on it BUT the engine is a shop complete rebuild with 2k on it and documentation to prove it. ($1600). Now, a year later, the gears are starting to grind and the elderly woman owner doesn't want to put any more $$ into it. So..... it was offered at $850 due to the tranny and a lot of cosmetic issues needing attention. For $600 I took it to it's new home to be my project truck. I hope the following photos come through. If not, I will work on getting pics posted as well as registry info.

Also, I realize it looks a lot like my 89 2.5 :D

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

A) What is it that says Eliminator? I don't know how to tell from the options.

B) No, I did not get permission from wifey. She thought I was going to pick up a couple parts, not an entire truck. The fight went on for quite some time. Luckily, I have two dogs because I will be rooming with them for an undetermined period of time.

B) No, I did not get permission from wifey. She thought I was going to pick up a couple parts, not an entire truck. The fight went on for quite some time. Luckily, I have two dogs because I will be rooming with them for an undetermined period of time.

Welcome to the club Remi. I've been rooming with mostly the dogs for years - prefer it to the female drama. Nice find. :cheers: