Wanting to fix up truck need Ideas !!!!!!!

First things first, fix what is busted. As you take pieces of the truck apart clean them and repaint as needed. Also take a gander in the DIY Projects section. Lots of smaller upgrades/fixes posted in there.

My recommendations:

- Take the interior apart and clean. Remove the seat and wash the carpet, pull the trim and scrub clean, remove dash pieces and clean.

- While working inside upgrade the interior lighting. Search the forum as there are several well written how to's.

- While still working inside upgrade to a full cluster if you have the dummy lights.

- When upgrading the cluster you will replace 2 sensors in the engine compartment. Clean and degrease.

- Flush the cooling system and brake lines.

- Inspect all vacuum lines and electrical lines. Replace as needed. Clean electrical plugs and reassemble with dielectric grease.

- Since you are working on electrical components do the "alternating turn signal flash" mod. Search, you will find it.

- Now that the grill bezels are off, you might as well clean and paint them. I bet they are faded.

- While the paint supplies are out, you could clean and paint the flares for a cohesive look.

- Darn those faded tail lights. Use 2000 grit wet sanding and buff with one of those plastic headlight restore kits.

- Since the tail light housings have been removed, take the time to clean, sand, fix the tail light connections and grounds. Reassemble with dielectric grease.

That truck looks familiar!

Just like my future project truck!

There are many upgrades and mods you can get from cherokees. I added power windows, locks, mirrors, antenna to my white 87 from an 86 wagoneer. I also did the wagoneer grille, if you like that sort of thing, and the lace wheels from a limited, you can upgrade a bunch of things in the driveline.... if your 86 is like mine, then you might want to upgrade the 2.8 V6 to a 3.1 or a 3.4 from a camaro... its bolt in! I have another 86 wagoneer donor that I plan to use to fix mine up with auto trans, and full time tranfer case. Just search and peruse the forum, and the projects section, and youll get all kinds of ideas for your truck. Keep us posted, and good luck!

First things first, fix what is busted. As you take pieces of the truck apart clean them and repaint as needed. Also take a gander in the DIY Projects section. Lots of smaller upgrades/fixes posted in there.

My recommendations:

- Take the interior apart and clean. Remove the seat and wash the carpet, pull the trim and scrub clean, remove dash pieces and clean.

- While working inside upgrade the interior lighting. Search the forum as there are several well written how to's.

- While still working inside upgrade to a full cluster if you have the dummy lights.

- When upgrading the cluster you will replace 2 sensors in the engine compartment. Clean and degrease.

- Inspect all vacuum lines and electrical lines. Replace as needed. Clean electrical plugs and reassemble with dielectric grease.

- Since you are working on electrical components do the "alternating turn signal flash" mod. Search, you will find it.

- Now that the grill bezels are off, you might as well clean and paint them. I bet they are faded.

- While the paint supplies are out, you could clean and paint the flares for a cohesive look.

- Darn those faded tail lights. Use 2000 grit wet sanding and buff with one of those plastic headlight restore kits.

- Since the tail light housings have been removed, take the time to clean, sand, fix the tail light connections and grounds. Reassemble with dielectric grease.

Guess I could have given the perfect answer like this. It all sounds very familiar(2times). A trip to the pull a part is in order and let the fun begin. Some of the first things I got: visors, visor clips, window cranks, clock, door panels, wiper modules, jack, jack crank, tire iron with flat end(for spare carrier) just a bunch of little things that are missing or neglected.

My recommendations:

Guess I could have given the perfect answer like this. It all sounds very familiar(2times). A trip to the pull a part is in order and let the fun begin. Some of the first things I got: visors, visor clips, window cranks, clock, door panels, wiper modules, jack, jack crank, tire iron with flat end(for spare carrier) just a bunch of little things that are missing or neglected.

And, should you run across a set of half-decent tail lights at the local salvage yard, hold on to em for spares- there are no replacement lenses being made.