Junkyard Find

Garvin

Wasn't sure exactly where to put this but figured this was the best section.

There are two Comanches at the junkyard right around the corner from me.

The first is (I believe) an 87 or 88, Renix Comanche. The bed is beat up, didn't look too close at the tailgate as it wouldn't close, was a 4.0L AW4 (engine is pretty much shot, top pieces were taken off and it was subject to the weather), bench seat. It has no interior lights or emblems as I have taken those for my '92.

The second is a basically complete, and nice looking, '86 Comanche. I offered to buy this off them but was not able to due to title issues (I was told it was a Police taken vehicle and the title was destroyed). It is a 2.8L V6 (papers say it was a new engine but not sure how it runs), AX5, 2wd, Dana 35 rear (paper said 3.54 gears). The interior is maroon with a bench seat. Same as before, no emblems or interior lights as I've taken them for my '86 and the tailgate is bent to all hell.

I forget which one (or both), but I remember one had a good step bumper on it, no hitch ball on it though. Not sure if I'm going to pick that up for myself yet.

I will be heading there this coming weekend to grab various little parts for my build. If you're interested in any parts, reply here or send me a PM. I can get ahold of you faster if you leave a phone number and tell you right when I figure out the prices, otherwise I won't be able to send an email till that night. Pay for the price and shipping if it's not too bad to remove or price and shipping plus a few bucks if it's a pain in the @$$ to remove the part.

no cargo is the light on the back of the cab above the rear window that lights up the bed.

the switch is located in the bezel to the left of the column...he wants the whole panel the switch is mounted in, plus the switch, plus the light, if they're there.

Yes. The wires are already run up the driver's B-Pillar and the switch connector is already in the dash wiring harness. They are so easy to install it is sick to watch someone do it.

I'm not worried about B-Pillar lights, I've acquired lots of those in the time I've spent searching area yards for a cargo light.

Also, there are ALOT more parts that I would have grabbed off of that Laredo!!!!

If you remove the B pillar light the pink wire will be right there. Mine was bundled up behind the light with white tape marked "CARGO". Have to drill a hole in the roof and run the wire from the B pillar under the headliner out the hole.

Blacey's Auto Parts has the two I listed above. Shory's U-Pull It has I believe an '87 also, haven't been there in a few weeks though and that's a bit far for me.

If you plan on going, give me a yell. I live like 1 1/2 miles from it. :D

I'm going to hit my two local yards (Junkyard Barbie and Cresent Auto Parts) in the morning. I was at both earlier in the week and they didn't have what I was looking for and I doubt they've turned their stock over since the last time I was there, but you never know. I'll likely head down to Blacey's in the afternoon sometime. I've been to your place before - I was the fellow who picked up a set of 2-door XJ seats from you and an ashtray. I had the silver '01XJ w/the husky inside :D

I'm mainly looking for 97+ XJ parts...does Blacey's have any of those in their yard?

I'm going to hit my two local yards (Junkyard Barbie and Cresent Auto Parts) in the morning. I was at both earlier in the week and they didn't have what I was looking for and I doubt they've turned their stock over since the last time I was there, but you never know. I'll likely head down to Blacey's in the afternoon sometime. I've been to your place before - I was the fellow who picked up a set of 2-door XJ seats from you and an ashtray. I had the silver '01XJ w/the husky inside :D

I'm mainly looking for 97+ XJ parts...does Blacey's have any of those in their yard?

Small world. :D How you doing? :)

They do have one...It's a '97 XJ but was hit hard in the front. The header panel is smashed into the front of the engine. I didn't really check out the interior but the doors looked alright. I was going to pick them up but they want $100 a door. :fs1:

semi-hijack: tips on removing the b pillar lights to access the pink wire?

There are two tabs that hold the b-pillar lights in. They can be very fragile so it is a delicate process to remove the lights. The tabs are both on the same side of the light, front or back depending on who put it in the truck last, I've seen them both ways. A small screwdriver or pick can help you lift up the lights from the trim to see below them and get a good look at the tabs. Another small screwdriver will let you depress the tabs and the light will pop out.

Lights look like this:

62120_574319282457_6603948_33138852_2443214_n.jpg

The pink wire may be right there for you to get to easily, other times I've seen it fall down behind the panel. You should be able to fish it out if this is the case though.

• 3 weeks later...
Looks like this.. Found one MINT yesterday at pick n pull! :banana:

The maroon pioneer has 98K on it and no rust, bucket seats and all 4 MJs have mint tail lights.

Shoulda picked up the whole rig -- it's in nicer shape than yours! :waving:

Archived