How Good Is Herculiner ??????

I Was thinking about using Herculiner as a bed liner and for the floor board of my 86 jeep comanche and first wanted to see how well it holds up after some years f sun light and some playing in the mud. :wavey: sounds good but i wanna see what you guys have to say about it first i've also seen some truck completely painted in Herculiner and wonder what there trucks look like now? Thanks

Herculiner is good stuff... and probably one of the better ones when it comes to DIY bedliners. :thumbsup:

The truck bed is the application it was designed for and it will hold up well as long as the bed is prepped properly prior to application. You need to make sure that you scuff the hell out of the existing paint/metal, eliminate all rust, grease, and dirt too before application otherwise the Herculiner will not adhere well and will fail early. The sun's UV rays will fade Herculiner, but you can buy a UV protective topcoat from them that will help fight this process. I haven't tried it, but I've heard that Armor-all works well for this same purpose on Herculiner.

As far as your floors go... The same guidelines for prep before application stand with emphasis on the rust. Herculiner will not stop rust and I would highly reccommend putting down a product like POR-15 over the rust on the floors first... I'm guessing you have rust on your floors, most of us do. :fs1:

I like Herculiner, and I've used it in my truck bed, on my rockers, and pretty soon to coat my new floor pans. I think it's pretty durable stuff and I enjoy the ability to patch it up on my own if it gets damaged without a whole lot of work. I say go for it and use it... I don't think you'll be disappointed. :yes: ... Just remember, like any paint work, the key is in the prep.

Ive read good reviews on the herculiner and plan to use it myself when the time comes. I know that it also comes in white, and I think maybe another color or two, but I can't remember. I plan to get the white to do the bed on my white MJ. The product info says the colored ones don't need the UV protection like the black does, so that might be something to think about when getting yours. Good luck!

Herculiner is good, I've used it on the floors and on the rockers of my XJ. I don't have any complaints, other than if you use it in an exterior application after about a year the herc. will fade. But in an interior application it holds up well and is very tough

-Brendan

:agree: just like with any paint prep is important. I have used it on all my jeeps and love it... It costs what like $100 vs. around $600 I got quoted by a rinoliner dealer. Its does have draw backs though... the high use areas don't last and it fades pretty quick. I've had to touch up the drivers floor pan on each and every vehicle. But its easy and quick.

My first jeep only lasted around a year but, on the 94' YJ I got almost 3 years (weekend/summer driving) on the drivers floor before I was seeing spots of metal... They sell a small can for like $30 for touch up and I go around the yard doing everywhere I can before I run out. Also beware it is slick as snot when the floor gets wet but its for sure a good product and well worth the time and money!